Affectionatless

Quick heads up! This one shot was requested by SavannaSawyer and just so you know, it's a Tadashi x reader, enjoy!

(Y/n) P.O.V

Unlike many children, I had no parents and no actually family.

I lived with the closest people my family knew, Hiro, Tadashi and Aunt Cass. I can't even remember my family.

They all died in a plane crash when I was two, I was meant to join them at the beach house in Hawaii the next day until the phone call came in.

Ever since then, Tadashi helped Aunt Cass to look after me. Hiro mainly stood by the side showing me how many gummy bears he could fit in his mouth.

But all through out my life here at the Lucky Cat Cafe, I hated one thing. Affection. I don't understand why but I think it's because I never had parents to show me it.

I hated hugs, kisses, holding hands and tickling. It was just a thing I had like with Hiro and the gummy bears or Tadashi making sure Hiro doesn't kill himself while doing something silly like trolley cart racing.

The thing is, Tadashi always tried to make me like all those affectionate gestures and I always ran away.

Funnily enough, HIRO was the one who would tell Tadashi to "stop running after her and leave the girl alone." Which I was grateful for.

Aunt Cass basically left Tadashi in charge of me and Hiro, even if I was 16.

And that's how it all went, until this morning.

It started out normal, I fixed my bed hair and changed clothes before heading downstairs to eat breakfast.

It was strange because usually Tadashi would have tried to hug or hold my hand or something by now. I shrugged it off as my lucky day but boy was I wrong.

A few minutes later, Tadashi arrived and sat next to me. After about ten minutes later did Hiro come, only in his boxers with messy hair.

"Hiro, your half asleep." I said to him.

"No I'm... Not." Hiro said yawning.

"I'll fix this." Tadashi said, getting a glass of ice water. He dumped it on his little brother who shook awake instantly.

"TADASHI!" He exclaimed. I just burst out laughing.

"Go change." Aunt Cass said.

"But what if I don't wanna." He challenged. I whipped out my phone and took a picture.

"Then the gang will see this in a couple of seconds." I said.

"Okay woman I'm going!" He called scrambling up the stairs. Tadashi laughed as he sat down.

"What am I going to do with the knucklehead?" He sighed. I watched as Hiro came down the stairs properly dressed and started to eat. I laid my hand on my lap and stared as the younger Hamada made a mess all over the table.

I suddenly felt a warm heat source hold my hand. I froze into space. I looked down quickly to see Tadashi hold my hand.

It was different though. It felt... Right strangely. Out of all the times the Hamada brothers managed to grab my hand I felt awkward and hated it, this time it was different.

I actually liked Tadashi holding my hand. He let go and I pulled out of my trance just in time to hear Hiro slurp on his juice.

"Hiro stop or your going to choke." I said.

"Then how are you gonna save me? Give me water?" Hiro said sarcastically.

"You guys are like my mum and dad." He said to Tadashi and I. I began turning red, why red?! Of all colours, I could have been blue, white or even green!

Was I embarrassed how Hiro said Tadashi and I were like a couple? Now that I think of it, maybe that's true... I did like when he held my hand after all.

I slowly reached for his hand under the table and then it was his turn to freeze.

"You okay Dashi?" Hiro asked.

"S-she-she is holding m-my hand!" He spluttered. Hiro stared like a goldfish at me and looked under the table.

"The heck?!" He asked." I shrugged slightly. Tadashi stopped looking shocked and faced me.

I slowly and uncertainly put my arms around him as he did the same. "She's hugging me!" He whispered.

"I'm not stupid I can see everything Tadashi." Hiro said.

"It's a miracle...!" He exclaimed. "Why did you do that?" He asked once we pulled away.

"Well because... I felt something different with you when you held my hand... It felt right unlike all the times boof head here tried to grab my hand." I explained.

"I'm no boof head!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Your hair says other wise." I retorted.

"So... You guys a thing?" Hiro asked.

"I... Guess so?" I shrugged.