Gone

This is request for Unicorn2824 ! Hope you enjoy this one shot!

Hiro's P.O.V

Today was the day I confess my feelings to (y/n). I was excited because I really wanted to tell her.

I sat down at the bench where we met. I waited for a few minutes until I saw her familiar figure.

"I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line
But I am bruised
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?"

I stood up and headed towards her, she smiled at me and hugged me. "Hey Hiro." She squealed.

"Hey (y/n)." I smiled.

"So, what do you want to do?" She asked. This is it.

"Well... I wanted to tell you something..." I said. I was about to continue when we heard a loud car honk. We flipped or head to see a small boy on the road and a car coming quickly.

I felt (y/n) pull away from me even if I wasn't holding her, I knew it wasn't going to end well. (Y/n) ran and pushed the boy out of the way as the car hit her.

I ran towards her as the car stopped, reversed and sped off. I saw (y/n) unconscious bleeding and the little boy with his mum. I called the ambulance quickly and held (y/n) close to me.

"I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me"

The little boy's mother handed me $500. "This is for saving my son, I hope she makes it." She said. I nodded and held (y/n) close to me as tears spilt.

Her breathing was very shallow when the ambulance came and took her from me.

"Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
But bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale"

I went with them in the ambulance and held (y/n)'s hand tightly as the nurses helped her. We arrived quickly at the hospital and I could only watch as (y/n) was whisked away to the emergency room.

I called the gang and Aunt Cass to tell them what happened. They immediately left classes and the cafe to rush over to the hospital.

They burst through the doors and hugged me tightly. They comforted me as I prayed she would make it.

"Somebody speak to me
Cause I'm feeling like hell
Need you to answer me
I'm overwhelmed
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I need a star to follow
I don't know"

The doctors came out with a solemn expression. "I'm so sorry... She didn't make it." He said. I fell to my knees and began to cry. First my mum, then my dad then Tadashi and the original Baymax... Now the love of my life, why do the ones I care about die?!

"I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
But bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale"

I became depressed and locked myself in my room, nothing would take me out, I never got to tell her how I felt. She was GONE.

"I don't know what I'd do without you
Your words are like a whisper cutting through
As long as you are with me here tonight
I'm good

Can you be my nightingale?
Feels so close
I know you're there
Oh, nightingale
You sing to me
I know you're there
'Cause baby you're my sanity
You bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale"

When I fell asleep, I dreamt about (y/n). She was happy and smiling, she said "I am always going to be here." To me. It broke me slightly.

I woke with a start and felt a heavy weight lift off my shoulders. It was probably just me but I could have sworn I saw (y/n) standing in front of me.

"How I wish I told you that I love you." I whispered. (Y/n) smiled and caressed my face. She felt warm and made me happy. It probably was me hallucinating but it was nice to see her again.

"I love you too". She said. Her soft voice trailing. I smiled and knew that I should carry on living life to the fullest. She wasn't really gone.