Que Sera

(Y/n) P.O.V

I set up my mini microphone and guitar and plugged them into the speakers I had. I sat on the curb and put a paper cup on the ground.

Some people stopped and waited to see what I was going to do, nothing special to them obviously but to me it was a daily routine.

"Hi everyone! I'm back again if you haven't seen my performance for the past week... I've been singing for a little cash... I'll start by singing a song my mother and father used to sing to me before they passed away when I was three.

The crowd gathered closer around and watched as I strummed the strings. Four boys and two girls were paying especially close attention.

"When I was just... a little girl,
I asked my mother, 'what will I be?'
Will I be pretty?, will I be rich?
Here's what she said to me." I slowly played the guitar that was all battered up before continuing.

"Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be." I stopped playing my guitar and stood up, walking to the centre of the performance area I had, all eyes watching me.

"When I was young, I fell in love,
I asked my sweetheart 'what lies ahead?'
Will we have rainbows?, day after day?
Here's what my sweetheart said." I twirled around and I hurried to my guitar and picked it up, playing a few chords.

"Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be." I put the microphone on the stand I had, barely useable and broken but still able to just hold the microphone.

"Now I have children of my own,
They ask their mother, 'what will I be?'
Will I be handsome?, will I be rich?
I tell them tenderly." The four boys and two girls looked at me and looked like they felt sorry for me.

They stepped forward out of the crowd and wrapped their arms around me.

"Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be." They joined me and smiled, the smallest boy handed me $500 dollars.

"Are you serious?!" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm Tadashi, and is is my brother Hiro and our friends Honey Lemon, GoGo Wasabi and Fred." Tadashi introduced.

I smiled and waved. "I'm (y/n) (l/n)! I live with my older sister who works to get us money, I'm just trying to help her since our parents... Thanks though... You guys are really kind and generous." I smiled.

"No problem, also you can come by the 'Lucky Cat Cafe' for free food, just tell the owner your friends with me and Hiro." Tadashi explained.

"Wow... Thank you so much!" I exclaimed in delight.

"No problem... You have a lovely voice by the way." Honey Lemon complimented.

"Thanks... Although my sister is way better." I said truthfully.

"Well, your still good... But shouldn't you be in school? I mean... Your still young." GoGo pointed out.

"I could say the same about you guys." I said.

"We already graduated... We go to S.F.I.T!" Wasabi exclaimed.

"Even you Hiro?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yep!" He said, popping the 'p'.

"Wow... Well I can't afford school so you know... That's why I don't go." I explained.

"Why don't you try getting a scholarship at S.F.I.T?" Fred suggested.

"That's actually not a bad idea!" Tadashi agreed.

"But I'm not all smart." I explained.

"You could always get a part time job there then, like some students pay for helpers and assistants." Wasabi pointed out.

"That doesn't sound so bad..." I agreed.

"That's because it's an AMAZING idea!" Fred exclaimed, stretching his arms wide. "Oh! And you and your sister can stay at my mansion! We have heaps of spare rooms!" He added.

My eyes widened and mouth dropped. "You live in a mansion?!" I repeated.

"Yep." Everyone nodded their heads.

"I can't thank you guys enough! We only just met and your already helping me a great deal, I don't know how I can ever repay you!" I squealed.

"Don't sweat it, we are always happy to help." Hiro smiled.

"Thank you all of you again... Seriously you have no idea how much this has impacted me and my sister." I exclaimed overwhelmed.

"Don't worry about it... Say, do you want to hang out with us for the rest of the day? We can invite your sister to." Honey Lemon asked.

"I'd love to!" I agreed.

"Oh goody! Two little teenagers now instead of one to mess with!" GoGo called. I smiled for the first time in years.