Growing Up

(Y/n)'s Mum's P.O.V

"Hiro, come over here." I called. The two year old waddled in, uncertain of why I asked him to. His aunt and I were best friends.

"Yes (m/n mums name)?" He called.

"Come over here and sit in that chair, I want to show you someone." I said as the child wriggled in the chair excited.

"Who is it?" He asked. I smiled and reached over my hospital bed to a bundle.

"This is (y/n)." I said, placing her gently in Hiro's lap.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Tadashi asked.

"I trust Hiro." I said.

"She is so cute!" He said, kissing her forehead lightly. "Is she your baby?" Hiro asked.

"Yes Hiro, are you going to help look after her?" I asked, earning a nod from him as he cradled her.

"Why don't you give (y/n) back to (m/n) now?" Aunt Cass said. Hiro handed (y/n) carefully to me and I put her back in her crib.

Aunt Cass's P.O.V

(M/n) smiled at (y/n). I couldn't get over the fact that I was the godmother of this child!!!

Hiro, Tadashi and I walked out of the hospital room, saying goodbye. Hiro seemed to be sad. "What's wrong Hiro?" Tadashi asked.

"I miss (y/n) already." He said. Tadashi nudged me.

"Wanna make a bet that they will be dating?" He asked quietly. I smirked.

"Sure, 20 dollars." I said.

3rd person P.O.V

As the years went by, (y/n) and Hiro got along quite well. Hiro began teaching her different things very quickly and everyone was surprised to see (y/n) adapt and become just as intelligent.

So goes that saying, you rub off your friends.

(Y/n) was 8 and Hiro was 10 when the day that changed everyone's lives occurred.

They were hanging at Hiro's house, after a busy day of high school when Aunt Cass came out of the kitchen, closing the cafe urgently.

"What's going on Aunt Cass?" (Y/n) asked worried. Aunt Cass turned to the children, hugging both of them tightly.

"You okay?" Hiro asked as Tadashi came down the stairs.

"Both of you grab your things and come down at once." She said, turning to Tadashi.

"(Y/n)'s mother was in a fatal car crash, she passed away two hours ago, we are going to say goodbye." Aunt Cass told Tadashi.

"So where will (y/n) stay? Her father left them before she was born." Tadashi said.

"I offered to take her." Aunt Cass said sadly. Tadashi nodded and offered to prepare another bed inside Hiro's and his bedroom.

"We are ready!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she hopped down the stairs. Aunt Cass, Hiro and her climbed in the car and drove to the hospital.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I, I know this will come as a shock but, (y/n)... Your, your mother she, she was in a car crash and... She didn't make it sweetie, I'm sorry. We are going to say goodbye now." She said.

I froze, mum was dead?! I was parentless like Hiro and Tadashi, a similarity I never thought we would share.

"W-where will I go?" I asked as tears crept down my face.

"You will be staying with us... If you don't mind." Aunt Cass said. I nodded in understanding and was quiet the whole car ride there.

Once we went in, said our goodbye and left, I cried hard on the way home. Hiro unbuckled his seat beat and crawled next to me.

"Hiro! Put your seatbelt-"

"I know how you feel... I lost my mum and dad to, they will watch us though." Hiro said. Aunt Cass listened quietly.

"I know we are to old for this but..." He stopped and hugged me, kissing my cheek better. I returned the hug and cries softly into his hoodie.

"Thanks, h-Hiro." I sniffled. He began patted my hair and we stayed that way the whole ride home.

That's when Tadashi came out to greet us with a sorrow expression. "I'm really sorry (y/n), I set up a bed for you in our room though." Tadashi pointed out.

I smiled weakly as Hiro pulled me up to "our" room and shut the door.

Aunt Cass's P.O.V

"Why does the world have to be so mean?" I asked.

"I don't know aunt Cass, I don't know." He said sighing. "Also I want to raise the bet we made 8 years ago, 50 bucks." He said.

"You know... I'm beginning to think they love each other as siblings Tadashi." I said.

"Well I can't wait until the day that changes and then I can say 'told you so!'" He smirked. I ruffled his hair.

"Knucklehead."