Mornings Be Like

(M/n mums name) P.O.V

I heard the door bell ring and quickly went over to answer, my good friend Cass and her nephew Hiro were coming staying at our place for the week while the cafe was renovated.

"Hi (m/n)! It's so nice to see you! Thank you for letting us stay." Cass smiled.

"No problem! You must be Hiro!" I beamed at the teen.

"It's nice to meet you to." Hiro smiled.

"Is (y/n) home today?" Cass asked.

"Yeah but you know how she is on school holidays, doesn't get up for another hour." I said, looking at the clock which read 7:30 am.

"I'll show you to your rooms." I beamed, showing Cass the guest bedroom and pointing to (y/n)'s room for Hiro.

"She might be asleep but you can quickly put your things in there, she knows you guys are coming so she won't be shocked if she wakes up." I explained.

Hiro went in quickly and came out smiling. I led them to the lounge room where we sat for a little morning tea.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I woke with a start, banging my head on top of the roof. I was on the top bunk in my room. My lower one was for guests.

I scrambled down the stairs and noticed a red suit case for a boy on the bottom bunk. The guests must be here.

I shrugged it off and walked downstairs, not bothering with my
appearance.

"Yo mum morning... Or is it afternoon?" I stopped in my tracks.

"Morning honey... Did you just get out of bed?" My mum asked.

"Does my cray cray hair and pyjamas say anything?" I asked.

"I know... Oh! And this is Cass and Hiro! Remember I told you about them?" My mum asked.

"Gotcha." I said.

"Well... I assume your going to dominate the living room with a pillow fortress and play on your x box. Just don't be to loud." My mum said as the three of them went to the kitchen. I grabbed the blankets and pillows and flipped the couch on its side.

I laid the blankets everywhere and set my x box on, selecting plants vs zombies garden warfares. I started playing and like usual, ended up screaming.

(M/n) P.O.V

"DIE ZOMBIE DIE!" (Y/n) shrieked, grabbing Hiro's attention once more.

"(Y/n)! What did I say about being quiet?!" I asked.

"Heard ya mum!" She yelled, mashing her controller quickly.

"You can go join her Hiro, she doesn't bite... If your not annoying that is." I offered. Hiro smiled and walked over to her, he was such a nice boy.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I had nearly cleared the level when the Hiro kid came over. "No interruptions till I finish." I said.

"Plants win." The words spelt out.

"YAS!" I screamed turning to face Hiro.

"Wanna play?" I asked, handing him a controller.

"Sure..." He said.

"What do ya wanna play?" I asked.

"What do you have?" He asked.

"Oh! Let's play mount your friends!" I squealed. I made room for Hiro to sit in the pillow fort and the game begin.

"I don't understand." Hiro said confused.

"Is simple, we take it in turns to stack people on top of each other. You have to climb to the top and if you fall then you lose." I explained, showing him an example.

We began playing until it was my 74th go. My character lost grip and tumbled to the floor.

"Yes I win!" Hiro cheered.

"Okay your good here, what about in portal co op?" I asked.

We began playing the game and immediately got stuck on the first level.

"Stand on the button." I directed.

"No you." Hiro insisted.

"I can't because a door is in the way." I pointed out.

"Then open it!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Then put the companion cube in the incinerator!" I exclaimed.

"But it's my friend..." Hiro pouted.

"It's a cube with a heart!" I protested.

"It's still my friend, I'll call it Boxy." He said. I sighed and grabbed his controlled, making him burn the companion cube. "BOXY NOOO!" Hiro yelled. I laughed as I went through the now open door.

"He didn't deserve to die." Hiro fake cried.

"Wow... Getting emotional over an animated cube." I said rolling my eyes.

"No! It's just that Boxy was cool... Until you burnt him." Hiro whined.

"I think Boxy had a 'hot' body since he died in a fire." I laughed.

"Don't go down that path... My brother died in a fire." Hiro became all serious.

"Oh... I'm so sorry." I said. I grabbed the cake in game and handed it to Hiro.

"Can this replace Boxy?" I asked. Immediately his face brightened up.

"This is Cakey!" He declared.