Chapter 8 - Favourable

The next day -

Scarlet is admitted to one of the hospital rooms and Sae Ji is inside the room with Yoongi to interrogate her.

Sae Ji: "You have a girl child already who is two years old. You are also pregnant now, why don't you just live peacefully instead of being trapped with Jung Min?"

Yoongi: "Sunbae, you are way too soft this way? Please don't get carried away with emotions."

Sae Ji: "Yoongi-ssi, I know how to handle her

Sae Ji: "Yoongi-ssi, I know how to handle her. Please just wait and watch."

Yoongi: sighs "Whatever"

Scarlet starts to cry.

Sae Ji: "Listen, girl, stop the crying and just speak out."

Scarlet: "I-I have been working under Jung Min for 5 years. I was very loyal to him because he provided me with money to treat my cancer. I grew up in an orphanage with my sister Janet. I studied diploma in pharmacy. I was working in Green Life Bio labs as a medicine developer when Jung Min visited me. Actually, Janet worked with Hyun Soo for a long so she recommended me to Jung Min. I think Baek you already know all this, don't you?"

Sae Ji: "Yes, I do. Then you were taken under Jung Min for producing drugs and exporting them and made huge money. But 3 years back you met Jason Vert through Jung Min for business deals and fell for him. You both eventually got married. But what does all this illegal work bring to you other than money? You have gained a lot of worries by working under Jung Min."

Meanwhile, Yoongi is annoyed with the conversation approach of Sae Ji and leaves the room.

Sae Ji: "Look here Scarlet, you are on the wanted criminal list for drug smuggling and child trafficking. If you and Jason turn as approvers, we will help you lessen your sentence. If Jason also agrees to give up on illegal drug manufacturing and does only lawful business, it will be beneficial for you both and your little family. Don't you want to live peacefully now? I know you are threatened by Jung Min and I know he has even molested you. If you become an approver, I assure you of a peaceful life for you ahead. What do you say?"

Yoongi: barges in "Stop it sunbae, this bitch will never turn into an approver, and Jason will definitely not agree to this, let's just interrogate them the way we actually do rather than soft talk!"

Sae Ji: "Yoongi-ssi! Please stop, Namjoon-ssi has ordered me to handle her and you are scaring her and the baby inside her. Either stay quietly or leave."

Jin enters: "Yoongi-yah! Come with me boy."

Jin drags Yoongi outside with him and they go to the BTS office cabin.

Sae Ji: "What do you say, Scarlet?"

Scarlet weeps and speaks after some time.

Scarlet: "Honestly, Jason and I were planning for a long to close the business here and run away to the US. We are sick and tired of Jung Min. he has placed large sums of debt on us. True that initially when I joined him, I was making good money. But now, we both have become his slaves. He even threatened Jason that he will kill our daughter if we don't hand over our business to him, so now Red Horns is under Jung Min's name. Jason is just the acting CEO. We are just working forcefully under him to pay off the debts. If you actually assure us that our sentence will be lowered if we surrender and we can live with peace with our family, then I will convince Jason."