Chapter 23 - Forgotten

Sae Ji: cries "Nam-Namjoon-ah! It is me Baek Sae Ji, your wife! Please remember me!"

Namjoon: "What! impossible! Oww, my head hurts!"

Dr. Kang: "Mrs. Baek I totally understand your mixed emotions right now but the priority here is Mr. Kim's recovery. We will try to regain his memories once he has completely recovered from the surgery. The gunshot had a huge impact on his brain he needs rest."

Sae Ji: weeping "I understand Dr. Kang. Thank you for saving him."

Everyone is gathered at Sae Joon's funeral.

Sae Ji's Mom: "Sae Ji-yah! Woori Sae Joonie! What will I do now? Mr precious son!"

Sae Ji: "I am very sorry eomma! I failed to protect him! I failed to protect my child! I am sorry! I am such a disappointment."

Sae Ji's Dad: "No dear, it is not your fault! Your job is such. We just need time to process the reality. I suggest that you take a break from everything. We all need time."

Sae Ji: "Appa!!" cries and hugs him.

Jisoo: crying "Unnie....I....I...what will I do now? Whom will I nag now? With whom will I think about where to buy a house and how many kids we should have....I can't...woori Sae Joonie!!" cries

Sae Ji hugs Jisoo and tries to calm her down but she herself is not in her right mind due to such losses.

1 week later –

Sae Ji: "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!"

Si Hyuk: "Sae Ji-yah, we all know you did no wrong but the director said that NIA will lose all its credibility if the news goes out that we failed a big mission like this and even lost one of the best officers."

Sae Ji: "Ok I understand but what in the fuck is this framing me as a traitor! You know how much NIA matters to me! You know very well how loyal of an officer I have been to NIA."

Si Hyuk: "The director has ordered to close the case file stating that you leaked all the information to one of Han Hyun Soo's men for money so you are fired. But in reality, you will be posted as an undercover officer on the outskirts. I am very sorry Sae Ji-yah, I tried to convince him but he did not budge. Just for a few months and then I will try to get you back at HQ."

Sae Ji: "No thanks, I'll leave for the good! No one is ready to listen to me anyway!"

Si Hyuk: "But Sae—

She barges out of his office.

Junho: "Sae Ji listen to me."

Sae Ji: "But oppa—

Junho: calmly "I know, I understand but please listen to me once, will you?"

Sae Ji: "Ok fine."

Junho: "See I understand the issue, we need to catch Hyun Soo, but for now you need time, Namjoon needs time he is still recovering and everyone needs time. It has spread inside NIA already that we failed a mission, that does not bother me but what's important now is you and Namjoon need time. Listen to Si Hyuk sunbae for now, please. He was also talking about putting all of us in different teams, don't worry. Go to the outskirts and be there for a year. Si Hyuk sunbae will try to do something and will bring you back."

Sae Ji: "Alright oppa, but promise me you will take care of Namjoon. They are not firing him because of his memory loss. He is a very skilled officer so they will keep him under observation for six months and I want you to train him, please. I will drop by regularly to check up on him as well. This is so tough." Tearing up