CHAPTER 37

ENJOY READING!

————

SOUNDS OF MACHINE. Stiff neck. Feeling of numbness. And the pain on the back of her body. All of that are the first she was feeling when she wakes up. She groaned in pain but slowly opening her eyes, and the white ceiling welcomed to her sight.

Fúck shit! I'm dead!

Hindi siya makagalaw dahil sa sakit at pamamanhid ng katawan niya. At hindi rin siya makapagsalita dahil may tubo sa bibig niya. Kailan pa nagkaroon ng tubo sa langit? At mga kagamitan pang ospital? Napamura agad siya sa reyalisasyon ng maisip na buhay pa siya.

Tangina! Nabuhay pa 'ko!

She suddenly stop thinking when she heard the noise. That noise was from on the door, someone opened it and she saw how the eyes of her sister widen when she saw her waking up. Jearah was wearing a hospital gown and surgical cap.

Jearah automatically yelled to call their father. "WAH!!! DADDY! SHE'S AWAKE! KIARA IS AWAKE!"

Gusto niya itong paikotan ng mata pero hindi nalang niya ginawa. Lumapit sa kanya ang kapatid at hinawakan ang kamay niya. Anong drama 'to?

"Oh god, sis! We're so worried about you! I love you! I thought you'll really leave us!" She said to her.

Her father suddenly came inside with the doctor. Like Jearah, they're was also wearing hospital gown and cap. She tried to avoid her father stares and glances to the doctor instead that checking her. Ang tingin kasi ng ama niya ay parang tutuluyan na siya nito sa sobrang sama, kung kaya niya lang sigurong tumayo at tumakbo ay ginawa niya na pero hindi siya makatakbo ngayon, ni magalaw ang katawan hindi niya magawa.

Ano bang ginawa nila sa katawan ko at hindi ako makagalaw! Shit!

"How's your feeling miss?" The doctor asked with his nihonggo accent.

Tangina naman! Does he think I can speak in my state right now? Stupid!

"This is what I am saying, Lord Lazarus. Gunshot wounds to the spine commonly are thought to be stable injuries. Maybe three weeks is enough to conquer the 2 doses of drugs injected inside her body." The doctor said and glances at her and look to her father again. "Including the beta-blockers, clonidine, meperidine, neuroleptics, and general anesthetic agents. And maybe they mixed those drugs making her body to feel the unexplainable coldness body after she undergo operation and also causing her in coma for weeks."

"How many weeks can she recover?" The Lord Lazarus asked the doctor.

"She can discharge after 2 to 3 weeks." The doctor answered. "Anyway, I'll pull out the tube tomorrow, so you can eat vegetabls and regain your strengths. I'll go a head, Lord."

"Thanks to you, Kainashi."

After the doctor left, she fucos her eyes on the ceiling and didn't try to glances at her father.

"I will tell grandma and grandpa about this, dad. Excuse me.."

She cursed silently when her sister leave the room and the two of them are alone now. Wala na siyang kawala ngayon. Ramdam na ramdam niya ang matalim na mga mata ng ama niya habang siya ay nakatingin lamang sa ceiling ng kwarto.

What with this old man?

"You're grounded in 3 years."

Napapikit siya ng mariin ng marinig iyon. Fúcking 3 years! Is he kidding me? Hindi niya mabaling ang tingin dito pero ginamit nalang niya ang mata.