CHAPTER 36

Fast forward tayo mga bebeh!

- Eyah.

I hope you will like it.

————

Aleoscar Nixon Gonzalo

["WE HAVE A TROUBLE with Mr. Sagaki, boss! He cancelled our negotiations and want to end our connections tho. Anong gagawin namin sa gunggong na hapon na 'yon boss?"]

That was from Sebastian in other line. It's just 6 am in the morning yet, he called me for a damn great news. I couldn't help to combed my hair frustratedly.

Fúck that Mr. Sagaki.

"Clean it, before it create mess." I answered and hang up the call.

It's been 3 years had passed when she'd left me. But still I can't recover completely or I should say that I'll never forget her. Her face was already engraved on my memory. And that makes me crazy all over again, and again and again.

The bosses, which is my friends say people come and go. Indeed. In my life, she came too late and were gone too soon. I’ve only known her for such a short time that it felt like she were just a part of a fleeting dream in my afternoon nap. And she were one of those dreams that I enjoy so much I’d rather not wake up. She made every moment worth the painful effort it took me to face my fears.

I was almost mad with you baby, but I realized that no, I must think of the good memories so you could rest in peace.

I wonder if she think she'll led a good life. In case you’re listening, I want you to know that I think you did. You had heaps of bad experiences but you carried on. After all, you believed that one could only really appreciate the greatest things at the worst times. You were valiant, not because of your bravery but because of how you acknowledged your flaws and accepted them. You tried and fought hard, not for perfection but for yourself and the ones you loved.

Despite your strengths, you had doubts. It was difficult to make a difference and leave your mark in the world, yet I know you managed to do so in the life you lived. And I think that’s well enough. You had your share of failures and heartbreaks, and most of all your downfalls, and you drowned in tears. Still, you survived.

You may not be remembered by thousands of people but you will always be held close to the hearts of those who really care, especially to my heart. You were a proud bearer of yourself and up until you drew your dying breath, you showed that life wouldn’t be so much fun if you keep living it for others.

I miss you terribly. Your face, your voice and your smiles. I hope you know that you were loved. I hope you know that the memories you left behind will be cherished. Lastly, I hope you know that I wish you were here.

I sighed while looking at her picture frame on my table. I took it when she was sleeping on my arms after we've had make love for the first time.

It's still you, baby.

Those years had passed that I forced myself not to find a news about Lazaru's family, even though I could and I would to. I choose to make Kiara Jaire proud of me for being a more successful man now. I wasn't afraid to face her family now, not until before I've met her father for the first time that I looked like a mess.

Damn! It wasn't me!

"Mr. Gonzalo?" George voice suddenly appeared. He's spoke on intercom.

"Speaking..."

"You have visitor, Sir."

My brow creased before I spoke. "Who was that?"