CHAPTER 56

————

Kiara Jaire Lazarus

THE girls Cloud's talking about welcomed us in when me and Aleoscar end up in dinning. They were busy on each other, some of them preparing the foods, the others like talking and cooking. Their laughs is loud so that they can't hear us approaching. Geez, I'm out of place here.

Sana hindi nalang ako sumama.

And there I saw the familiar face of Zardes Manson, she was like a of tasting something on her plate at the counter with the other girls. I want to forget that face but I just can't.

When she finally saw us she almost dropped the fork. "Oh God! Racs? And..." her gaze move to me, her gaze scanned me. "Kiara? Jearah's sister?"

"Yes, I am." I retorted.

"Oh!" Bumilog pa ang bibig nito at bahagyang umubo. Pati ang iba tuloy ay nakuha namin ang atensyon at kuryusong nakatingin. "Uh, girls! You heard what I said, she's Jearah's sister and Racs girlfriend." She said and walk towards us.

Ngunitian niya ako pero tinaas ko lang ang kilay ko. She grabbed my arm and cling to me. Kunot-noo siyang tiningnan ni Aleos na hindi pa rin bumibitaw saakin kahit hinahatak na ako ni Zardes.

"Treat her well. If I saw even a little bruised on her, I will tear you apart." his voice were low and deep, but we heard another voice appeared from nowhere.

"You're in my house, Gonzalo."

Pare-parehas kaming napalingon at nakita si Tariq na nakahilig sa pader, deretso ang tingin nito sa gilid ko. His presence demand authority and respect. The way he spoke, and then walked towards Zardes grabbing her arms away from me. 

Tariq's face darkened. "Respect my woman and I respect you. I don't want violence in my house, Racs, you know that."

"I was just protecting my woman too." Aleoscar's plainly responded.

I instantly swallowed when I saw Tariq clenched his jaw while staring at Aleoscar. "Yes, you are and you are threatening Zardes inside of my own fúcking house. You are in my territory, Racs, don't bring your manipulativeness here."

They were staring at each other like they were no other people but they.

"Ano ka ba, love! It's okay, don't be harsh.." Zardes tried to calm her man down as she look at me and Aleoscar apologising. "Sorry." she mouthed.

Pinilit nitong hilahin ang lalaki na nagpatangay naman pero nagiwan ito ng tingin kay Aleos bago tuluyang tumalikod.

Napabuntong hininga ako at na patingin sa mga natirang nakatingin pa rin saamin. "I'm sorry 'bout that. Paalis na din kami, please, pasabi nalang kila Tariq na umalis na kami. Salamat." Saka ko hinila si Aleos doon hanggang sa labas ng dinning kung saan nagkakasayahan ang iba pa niyang kaibigan.

"Oh! Ang bilis niyo naman. Here Racs, I prepared you a seat!" Sigaw ni Rexime.

Agad akong sumabat. "We're sorry guys, but your man here, is having a hard time. We can't stay any longer."

"Huwaaaat?" Jimuel blurted out.

"Why? What happened? He will not act like that if isn't serious, if you don't mind me asking," Saint requested. "I mean us, if you don't mind." Tumaas baba pa ang kilay nito habang nakangisi.

"Sandali lang naman, hintayin natin makabalik si Tariq, sa kanya kayo magpaalam. Where the hell is that guy? Bigla-bigla nalang siyang nawawala!" Ani pa ni Nairo, katabi nito si Ikaros na mukhang wala sa sarili.