Blessings and Medals Part 1

(POV:Writer(Me))

Manolo ran to his father and grandmother, who were standing beside his mother's tombstone.

-"Your mother would be so proud of you," his father said and patted his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze is comfort.

-"You think she'll come back tonight?" Manolo asked.

-"Carmen is here" his grandmother who was knitting, answered softly.

-"But it's...it's more like...like a warm feeling you get when love ones are with you," his father explained.

-"All of these families have lost someone"

-"But as long as we remember them we can feel their presence with us for one night each year"

-"I just thought...I might see her one more time," he admitted sadly.

-"She always smelled like flowers, I remember her...singing"

-"She was a good woman, that one" the grandma said remembering her as well.

-"I miss her...so much"

-"Just be still...and you can feel it, their presence" his father told him.

-"Your mother is here, along with all our ancestors"

-"As long as we remember them, they are with us, the moment we forget them, they are truly gone"

-"I can feel them," Manolo whispered after closing his eyes.

-"Kind people, may I please have a bit of your bread?" an old lady had approached them.

-"I am so hungry" Manolo picked up one of the pieces of pan de muerto.

-"I'm sure Mama would want you to have it" he looked to his father for agreement, and given a nod, he gave it to her.

-"Thank you, my dear," she replied.

-"In return, you have my blessing"

-"May your heart be always pure and courageous"

-"What do we say, Manolo?"his father asked.

-"Thank you" the lady nodded and left.

-On the other side-

-"Ah, Manolo, always giving away stuff for free" Joaquin stood by his father's statue and tomb.

-"Right, dad?" he looked up at the statue and saluted.

Joaquin's father was Captain Mondragon, he had passed away fighting the fearsome bandit known as Chakal. As Joaquin looked at his father's statue in adoration, an eerie laughter startled him.

-"Wh-Who's in there?" the wind blew past him, taking his fake mustache along.

(A/N):

Hi! I'm so happy to know that you guys like the story so far! I thank you all so much for the support and all the views and followers I've been getting! It really means a lot.

My birthday is this weekend so it may be hard for me to update, I will when I can but I hope you understand and be a little patient with me when I can't update.

Also! I have finished The Incredibles 2, so that will probably be out after this one!

One more announcement, I tried writing in spanish a few days ago to see how it would go and it really sucked. I know spanish is my first language but for some reason i really suck at writing in spanish, I only wrote about two sentences before giving up since there is no way I could keep going at the rate I was. I apologize for those who wanted books in spanish, I promise to try my best and see what I can do, but for now it's english only. Sorry!

Bye!