La Corrida

(POV:Reader)

Manolo had made it to the center of the arena and pulled the red cloth from his shoulder, holding it near the ground. He bowed his head slightly and smiled at me, I smiled back but probably wasn't noticed due to the fan.

-"I would like to dedicate this corrida to Miss Y/n Posada, welcome home señorita" I gave a small smile. 

I turned to look at Joaquin after a bit to find him looking uneasy or like something was bothering him. 'I'll ask him later' I told myself, but for now enjoy the moment where you have your friends back.

-"¡Venga Torró, que vengas!" I looked back at the arena, Manolo was standing in the middle again, and the scary-looking bull was making his way towards him.

-"¡Venga!" he yelled once more making the torro run at a faster speed.

'Good Job!' I whispered quietly as Manolo had dogged the bull's attack effortlessly. I felt someone staring at me, but the cheering of the crowd distracted me. I turned back to the stage, Manolo was holding a rose up, holding it up towards me. The blush was coming back, 'good thing I have the fan'. I looked behind him and the bull was coming back, he hadn't seen it.

-"Manolo!" I warned, and was relieved to be wrong. He had noticed it and did a backflip to avoid it.

I knew Manolo had practiced but it made me anxious to see the torro so close, especially knowing that he could get hurt or worse case scenario killed from something like this.

I got even more nervous when a giant dust cloud they bull and Manolo had created covered the arena completely. But to my relief it cleared out quickly and to my surprise my name was written on the sand. The crowd cheered and I smiled. Manolo bowed and gestured the name, while locking eyes with me. He then walked to his father who handed him a sword.

He seemed unsure if to take the sword but ultimately did, I didn't like this. Killing innocent animals was wrong, no matter how scary and intimidating they may look. 

He held the sword in front of him, positioned, and aimed it directly at the torro that stood a few feet away from him.

He hesitantly stopped, almost as if thinking about something letting his hold on the sword slip a bit, having it aim a little lower before completely placing it down.

-"No!"

-"Killing the bull is wrong!" he yelled at the crowd, more confident in his decision than the first 'no'.

  Everyone seemed to be in disagreement with his decision, but I clapped happily. The crowd 'booed' as they threw hats, food, about anything they could find at him.

-"Bravo!" I cheered and stood up clapping.

-"Boo!"

-"Boo!"

-"We don't have to kill the bull!" he said and I continued to cheer until my arm was tugged on.

-"Adiós, Manolo" I mumbled to myself as my father dragged me away.

-While Walking Away-

Dad and Joaquin were deep in conversation as we walked away from the arena. I felt annoyed, they wanted to leave soon to talk about my trip, but the only thing they had talked about for the past ten minutes was about wars and battles they had won. 

What could I do...I could leave, but I need an excuse...my fan!

-"Hey dad, I left my fan back at the arena, I'm gonna go get it"

-"I'll go with you," Joaquin offered.

-"No, I wouldn't want to interfere with your conversation, it'll be quick" I said bitterly, dad nodded in agreement and I was on my way.

(A/N):

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!