Talks and Preparations

(POV:Reader)

-"Perhaps now, we could possibly continue our conversation, Señorita Posada?" he held his arm out waiting for my response.

-"Uhh..." I glanced at Manolo but he was gone.

-"Y/n, please" my father pushed me towards him

-"Do it for the town, without Joaquin, we are at the mercy of Chakal..." I sighed softly and took his extended arm starting a small conversation.

-"So, why don't you tell me about some of your medals?"

-"Well, I got this one for delivering a baby with one hand and arm-wrestling a bear with the other" 'this is going to be a long night' I told to myself.

-"You know, that's nothing, really"

-Meanwhile-

(POV:Manolo)

Joaquin had asked Y/n to continue their walk which meant it was time to take my leave. I got home, ready to fall onto my bed but no, dad had other plans.

I was dragged to the ofrenda room, a room dimly lit with candles and portraits of all our family members covering the walls.

-"Falling in and out of the ring..." my father spoke.

-"The whole Sanchez family would be so disappointed in you" I helped fix his medals and stood up.

-"Please, don't say that"

-"Listen, you love Y/n, then fight for her, like a man!"

-"It's too late, Joaquin proposed to her already" I said sadly.

-"Now, that's a real man!" my father started but was hit on the head with a ball of yarn.

-"Quiet, Carlos!" my abuelita interrupted him.

-"Manolo, if Y/n didn't say yes to Joaquin, then she said no"

-"So what are you gonna do about it, son?" I kissed my abuelita's cheek, gave a nod to my father, and rushed off to go prepare.

-POV Change-

(POV:Reader)

It had been a long night, listening Joaquin talk about his medals was interesting at first but then became this endless talk that bored me a bit. I really was proud of him, but I would have rather talked about different things instead of the same repetitive thing.

-"And I got these for saving some orphans from a fire"

-"And then I also saved a little puppy one time that had a thorn in his paw"

-"And this is a medal for having the most medals and..." I saw my home, my home sweet sanctuary.

-"Well, here we are"

-"Thank you for the umm...most informative talk about you"

-"Uh, I have something for you, Y/n" he reached for something in his pocket.

-"That is so nice of you...umm?" it was an autographed picture of him.

-"Wow...I'm speechless" I scoffed sarcastically, while he took it as literal. He leaned down pushing his cheek towards me

-"Goodnight, Joaquin" I giggled at him, leaving him there with no kiss.

-"Wait! Y/n!"

-"Yes?"

-"Umm..." he pulled my bonnet from his hat.

-"My bonnet...you kept it all this time?"

-"It's, well, it's what's kept me going"

-"About my proposal, will you at least think about it?" I nodded at him and bid a goodnight, closing the door and running to bed.

-"No more going out! I'm sleeping for a week!" I huffed quietly and fell onto my bed.

(A/N):

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

I won't be able to post tomorrow since I have some baking orders to do for Valentines Day, I'm going to be really busy and not have any time, especially with school work that my teacher's keep piling.

I hope you can understand!

I wish you all a very happy Valentines Day, whether it be with a loved one or family, please make sure to appreciate those around you who love you very much! 

Bye!