New Wager?

(POV:Writer(Me))

Everyone looked around at the Land of the Forgotten, it was dark and snowy and depressing. Grey colors and a light grey-ish white was all there was. They walked forward as they looked around, feeling sad for all the people there.

-"Sad, huh?" the Candle Man asked.

-"You poor things" Carmen stated as they watched a man turn into dust, as he had no hope of being remembered ever again.

-"That's gonna happen to us if we don't hurry" Manolo said and they all walked towards the front.

-"There it is! Xibalba's castle..." the Candle Man presented, they all ran to the castle, where La Muerte awaited.

-"¡La Muerte!" Manolo called for her.

-"I need a word with you my lady"

-"Manolo?" she gasped in surprise.

-"But how did you get here?" she asked.

-"I had some help"

-"Hey there!" the Candle Man waved at her.

-"Candle Maker, Carmen...y la cabeza de Luis?" she snapped her fingers and Luis's body came to him, making him complete once more.

-"Great! My arthritis is back" he groaned.

-"I know about the wager, Xibalba cheated," Manolo explained.

-"He did what!"

-"Yeah! With a two-headed snake" La Muerte's face expression changed quickly to pure anger. A rumble was heard around them.

-"You might want to cover your ears right now!" the Candle Man suggested.

-"XIBALBA!!!" La Muerte shrieked and a bright light illuminated them.

-"Yes, my dear?" Xibalba appeared holding two shot glasses and a bottle of mescal. He dropped the bottle noticing La Muerte's expression and Manolo and company behind her.

-"Oh"

-"¡REPUGNANTE HIJO DE BURRO LEBROSO! ¡HICISTES TRAMPA! AGAIN!" she yelled at him.

-"I did no such thing!" she pulled his snake away from him, turning it into a staff once more.

-"Oh...that" he laughed nervously.

-"It has a mind of its own...or two" he mumbled.

-"That is unforgivable!" she yelled at him.

-"Oh, please, I never sent that snake to Y/n, or gave that medal to Joaquin" he closed his mouth quickly as he realized his mistake.

-"What Medal?!" she asked, through gritted teeth.

-"The, uh, one I never gave him, of course" he chuckled nervously.

As they kept arguing and bickering, Manolo realized the truth about Joaquin's greatness and 'heroness'. Carmen had slapped Xibalba along with La Muerte, while the Candle Maker was left wanting to join too.

-"My son did not deserve this!" Carmen demanded.

-"Come on, I-I have to go back" Manolo pleaded.

Xibalba refused until La Muerte asked and got all flirty with him. He reluctantly agreed and a wager was set. If Manolo could beat whatever task was given to him he would live once more, if not he would stay dead and Xibalba would rule both realms.

(A/N):

Hi! Sorry I didn't update, I went camping again and of course no wifi.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!