Blessings and Medals Part 2

(POV:Writer(Me))

From a dark entryway, an old man appeared causing the young boy to gasp in surprise.

-"Young sir, may I please have some of your bread?" the old man asked Joaquin.

-"I'm so hungry," he pleaded.

-"This bread is for my father" Joaquin stabbed one of the pieces of bread and took a bite.

-"And it's delicious"

-"Well, perhaps you would consider a trade" the old man offered as he reached for something in his coat pocket.

-"An old medal? Please!" the boy scoffed, looking uninterested at the medal the old man held.

-"This is no ordinary medal, my boy,"

-"As long as you wear it, you cannot be hurt, and...it will give you immeasurable courage" the old man handed him the medal, allowing the boy to look at it in amazement.

-"Really?" he asked intrigued.

-"Deal!" he tossed the piece of bread to the man who took it laughing deviously.

-"But...keep it hidden," the old man warned.

-"There is a bandit king, who would stop at nothing to get it back" with the warning given he left. Leaving the young boy with unanswered questions.

-The Next Day-

(POV:Reader)

I got up really early and got dressed quickly in order to leave the house unseen. Joaquin and Manolo met me by a fountain, from there we where off, playing and chasing each other as we ran down the town's streets.

I slid down the railing, Joaquin jumped from the top and Manolo fell down the stairs. We kept running until a little pig oinked, catching my attention. I looked at the little adorable pig until the sound of knives being sharpened distracted me. The little pig belonged to a butcher shop.

-"Oh no, not on my watch!" I called the boys over.

-"We have to free the animals" I told them, they looked at me confused.

-"Please you guys!" 

They gave each other a look, Manolo ended up agreeing and Joaquin denied but it was too late.

(A/N):

I hope you guys liked the chapter!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Bye!