Chapter 2

The next day, the late summer sun was unbearably hot, and the green leaves in the yard were sickly.

Lunch was in the dining room of the villa. As soon as Mu Yao sat down, Mu Wanhai snorted dissatisfiedly, and said, "Xiaoxue said that you divorced the young master of the Jiang family, is it true?"

"Well, I have broken off the engagement with him." Mu Yao responded.

"You bastard, why didn't you discuss such an important matter with me in advance? Do you know how much impact it will have on our Mu family if you resigned rashly?" Mu Wanhai's voice was full of anger, obviously dissatisfied with Mu Yao's self-assertion.

This daughter raised in the country is useless, after all, it is better to be raised by her side.

"Wan Hai, don't scare the child." He Xiumei, who was next to her, persuaded her kindly: "Xiaoyao has been living in the country, and she doesn't understand many rules and principles, so just teach them slowly. Besides, Xiaoyao doesn't like the eldest son of the Jiang family. , that can't blame her, feelings can't be forced."

He Xiumei smiled gently at Mu Yao, and comforted: "Your father is not really angry with you, don't be afraid."

Mu Yao twitched the corners of her mouth, but didn't hum.

If she didn't know the plot in the book, Mu Yao would really be deceived by the other party just like the original owner when she saw the gentle-faced stepmother in front of her, thinking that the other party had a good personality, said good things for her everywhere, and loved her.

After all, Mu Wanhai didn't get angry anymore, he sighed, "Eldest Young Master Jiang had a car accident last night, I'll take you to the hospital to see him tomorrow, and apologize to Mr. Jiang by the way, and see what he says." This morning he received a message , Jiang Yan got into a car accident on the way back after attending the birthday party.

"What? Dad, you said...Jiang Yan had a car accident?" Mu Xiaoxue raised her head in astonishment, her delicate face was full of tension, "How is he doing now, is it serious?"

"I don't know the situation yet." The Jiang family blocked the news, and he has asked people to pay close attention to the hospital.

Mu Xiaoxue looked worried, "Father, I'll go with you tomorrow."

"Um."

"Xiao Yao, don't you care about Jiang Yan?" Mu Yao was usually obsessed with Jiang Yan, but now she heard Jiang Yan's car accident, she didn't react at all, her expression was calm, Mu Xiaoxue couldn't help asking Voice.

"I have already broken off the engagement with him." Mu Yao reminded that Jiang Yan's matter had nothing to do with her. Moreover, she knew that Jiang Yan was the hero in the book, and with the aura of the protagonist, he would be fine.

Mu Xiaoxue felt that Mu Yao had really changed. Although she didn't know why Mu Yao suddenly didn't like Jiang Yan, it was a good thing for her.

After the meal, Mu Yao's sitting posture was correct, and her eating posture was excellent, which was too far from the wolf-eating appearance a while ago, which made Mu Xiaoxue who was opposite her take a few extra glances.

At this time, the servant brought over a plate of washed cherries and put them in front of Mu Xiaoxue.

Mu Yao casually glanced at it, and saw the cherries piled up on the crystal fruit bowl were bright in color, plump, deep red like agate, with crystal water drops, which caught her eyes for no reason.

"Xiaoyao, do you want to eat?" Mu Xiaoxue noticed Mu Yao's gaze, she smiled softly, "This is airlifted from country M, it's very fresh, I'll send a copy to you later ." Her younger sister lived in the countryside since she was a child, so she probably has never eaten freshly picked cherries brought in by air.