2

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

I like to think I'm strong

Through everything, every hard moment in my life I found an escape through schoolwork. Whenever I wasn't working or being pushed around by Evan and his gang I was studying, the only thing I was truly good at.

I had the highest gpa in my high school, which I never really thought meant much due to us being in the poorest part of town, where no student really cared anyways and only had time for drugs and alcohol.

Although once Evan Samson found out about my achievements I was made to do all of his schoolwork, including Peters, Jacobs, and Emma's.

" Good job Hart, my parents truly think I can go to Harvard with this shit." Jacob laughs hysterically, pushing me hard on the back as he shoves the paper I had written in front of my face.

" How about we play a little game after school today? Huh?" Evan says as they follow me down the empty school hallways.

" N..No I'm okay." I quietly say, my lip quivering when he pushes me against a locker. I look down so my hair Is covering my face, to terrified to utter another word.

" Stuttering bitch." He spits, grabbing my hair and yanking my head up.

" Evan, we should go now." Peter says nervously when the sound of a teachers keys echo down the hallway.

" Don't think I'm done with you." He scowls before slamming my head back on the locker and walking away with Peter.

My head aches at the force as I hold in tears, walking towards my first class of the day.

As soon as the bell rings for my last class I get up, my legs pushing me towards the exit. Maybe if I was fast enough, they wouldn't get me today.

I push the heavy door open, revealing the bright sun in my face and the heat on my skin. My eyes frantically search for the bus, a relived feeling in the pit of my stomach when I watch as it pulls up.

I run, faster then ever and hide in the back seat, hoping they hadn't seen me get on.

My eyes peek over the window, watching as Evan angrily looks around for me with his gang, pushing around the other students in his way. I could feel my heart in the pit of my stomach, if they find me I was dead.

The door of the bus closes, and relief washes over me. I was safe, for now.

Last night I had decided finding a job in the poor part of town wasn't the best idea. With Evan and Andrew living in the same area, it'd only make things worse.

So I take the bus all the way to the end of the route, to where anyone would dream of living.

The bustling city life, the clean streets and extravagant homes that lined every street and the citizens dressed top to bottom in clothes worth more then my rent.