25

^ Leslie

^ Leslie

~ Isabelle ~

" Sunday's are usually a bit more difficult, the house needs to be extra clean to get ready for the rest of the week. Although since we have extra maids working tonight I'll let you out at 8" Mrs. Carmen says as she walks in front of me.

If I even make it to next week.

The days only went by quicker and Andrews deadline was only getting closer. I was terrified to say the least.

My first check next week would all be going to him. I know Evan would kill me for not giving him half, but he would have to wait a little longer.

If I gave half of my check to Evan, Andrew would surely kill me. I had no other option.

" Mrs. Carmen I was meaning to tell you this, but I moved the jelly to a different hiding spot." I say, catching up so I was walking beside her.

" And why is that?" She hums, checking things off her clipboard.

" W...well some criminal was eating it, I had to switch the hiding spot." I say, looking ahead of me as I frown in annoyance when remembering Caden eating my jelly.

" Criminal?" She asks, looking over at me and I nod my head.

" Oh yeah, I saw it with my own eyes." I sigh, grabbing the mopping supplies from the cleaning closet as I turn back towards Mrs. Carmen who looked at me like I was crazy.

I'd gotten much more comfortable talking with Mrs. Carmen, she was the first person I started to speak to without stuttering so much.

She'd also gotten nicer to me over the past weeks.

" So, am I mopping the main floor today or everywhere?" I ask, smiling up at her. Mrs. Carmen shakes her head as a small laugh leaves her mouth.

" Just the main floor sweetheart, you can do the bedrooms after that." She says before her eyes snap to a maid playing on her phone instead of working.

" Jamie what did I tell you about phones during work!" Mrs. Carmen yells as she speed walks towards Jamie who was frantically trying to put her phone away.

I adjust the mop and large bucket filled with soap water in my arms before carefully heading down the stairs to the main floor.

I don't even think I blinked once, trying not to spill the water everywhere.

I let out a breath of relief when I reach the end of the stairs and start mopping the marble floors.

The main floor was large, I'm pretty sure it was meant for parties and events.

My head starts filling with thoughts of what happened last night, Caden having a knife so close to my neck, Ace coming in after I'd fallen on Caden's lap.