20

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

" Isabelle!"

My steps pause as I stand, my hands still dripping with blood onto the tray and my head low. I knew who it was just by the voice.

I heard his feet against the floor, the sound of his heavy breaths, and then there he was, standing in front of me as he looked down at me with a worried look.

I don't move my eyes from the floor, just staring at the perfectly polished marble ground.

" Shit Isabelle, your hands are all cut up." Ace sighs, taking my hands in his. I look down at our hands together, almost finding it funny.

My filthy hands in the son of the wealthiest family in town.

" N...no, stop." I whisper out barely, and watch as Ace looks at me confused before letting go of my hands.

" I didn't mean to just stand there, my friends came over to me before Leslie did anything to you, I had no idea" Ace says as he moves closer to me, carefully watching me as I shake my head.

Leslie

What made her hate me so much? That strawberry blonde haired girl seemed to have every ounce of hatred in her body towards me.

I figured she might be with Caden since I'd seen her with him a lot, but he doesn't seem to like her much. He also doesn't seem to like anyone much so it was hard to tell.

" I..it's not about that. I...I didn't need anyone to save me." I mumble, and he sighs out before grabbing my hand again and starting to wipe the blood off with a towel.

" She won't be coming here ever again." Ace grumbles as he cleans my hands free of blood. The large cuts were showing through now as more blood started to leak out slowly.

I watch him as he stays focused on my hands, his once calm eyes looked like there was a raging storm inside, his jaw was tense, and his brows were furrowed. Yet, his hands were still gentle as he wiped off the blood.

" Ace honey what happened out there? I drove here as quick as I could when security told me something was going on." The sound of a soft female voice utters and we both turn our heads to the gorgeous woman in front of us who had been looking between us curiously.

When Ace notices the woman he quickly backs away from me and I only then realize she had been Mrs. Agosti.

" Oh gosh this poor girl is all bloody." Mrs. Agosti says before walking up to me and inspecting my hands.

" Sweetheart what happened to you?" She frowns as she looks up at my eyes. A sense of comfort floods through me with her presence as I watch her confused.

I never expected someone of her status to care, but she did.

I move my eyes towards Ace who stood there, guilt flooding his eyes. He couldn't even look me in the eyes as he stood there with his jaw tensed.