47

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

" Isabelle, after you finish the bathrooms I need you to clean the bedrooms." Mrs. Carmen yells out from outside of the toilet I was currently cleaning.

" Okay!" I reply, quickly finishing up the last bathroom. I let out a breath while wiping the sweat off my forehead with my arm.

It was only 9pm so work wasn't quite over with, especially since I had the bedrooms to clean now. Usually, I always start with Mr. And Mrs. Agosti's room so I pack all my cleaning supplies up and head for the dreadful walk up the staircase.

Most of the maids finished their shifts earlier then me since they worked all day, and I would start after school, so the house was always quiet at night. It didn't help that I hated quiet places, especially dark ones that I barely knew my way around.

Even though I'd been here for a couple months it was still hard knowing where everything was. I found myself getting lost most nights I worked here and taking too long trying to find my way back to somewhere familiar.

Finally, I reach the door to Mr. and Mrs. Agosti's room, but freeze my hand just as it's about to pull the handle down. I could hear crying sounds and a deep voice from the other side of the door, so I step away as quietly as I can to just do Ace and Caden's rooms first.

I'm not sure what was going on in there, but it wasn't any of my business. Plus, there was no way I was going in there, especially since Mr. Agosti was in there. Although I noticed how much softer he'd be around Mrs. Agosti, I wasn't her and was terrified of him.

Ace wasn't in his room, so I quickly start getting to work. I clean any glass, sweep and mop, dust all of his football things, and pick up any small pieces of trash left on the ground.

As I'm finishing up the door suddenly opens and Ace walks in, his head perking up when he sees me. I freeze in my spot, not expecting him to be home so soon since he's usually out with his friends.

" Perfect timing." He smirks, glancing down at all of my cleaning supplies. I let out a breath, laughing as I pick up my tools and hold them in my hands.

" Hey, what happened?" I ask, my eyes zoning in on a fresh bruise sitting right under his eye. He looked tired, and his hair had been a complete mess. I walk up to him, looking at the bruise more closely. It was turning purple, and was quite big.

" I was playing football and some jackass on the other team got mad we were winning." He says, but his focus seemed like it was more on watching me. His eyes were searching my face, and I only realize it's probably because I was standing so close to him as I scanned the bruise.

I quickly step back, adjusting the stuff in my hands before a question I've been wanting to ask him pops up in my head.

" Are you going to college with a football scholarship? I noticed the U of M poster." I ask him, moving my gaze towards the huge poster behind him.