36 - The Birthday Pt. 3

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

It's quiet for a moment, and I was sure he'd say no. Why would he want me near him anyway?

" Get in." He says, causing my head to pop up surprised.

Caden was already in the drivers side with the car on. I finally move from my spot, walking towards the passenger side. I try my best to ignore his eyes on me while I walked around the car.

He's silent during the drive as we pass through the city which was even prettier at night, lights lining every street.

I look towards Caden who had one hand on the steering wheel, an empty look in his eyes as he drove down the busy roads.

He didn't speed once.

My head turns back towards the window, holding down the button as I let the cool air enter the car and hit my skin.

My head spins with thoughts, wondering who that woman was, what she'd done to Caden to get him so mad.

I unconsciously let my hand rest outside of the window, liking the feeling of the wind moving past my hand.

I still had his present in my pocket.

My body shifts in my seat when I feel his eyes on me all of a sudden. I sit back in my seat, closing the window when the wind starts to make me feel too cold.

The city lights were slowly fading away now as Caden continued to drive down the road. I look out of the window, confused as he drove towards the middle of nowhere.

" Where are we going?" I ask, breaking the silence as I turn back towards him. He wouldn't murder me would he?

Caden doesn't answer my question. I take my time to look at him closer this time, watching as his grey eyes shone through the moonlight, how his dark hair messily covered his head, and his jaw tense.

His eyes turn towards me as I'm staring at him and I quickly look away, feeling my face flush red as I look back towards the window.

All I could see were large fields, trees, and deer watching signs. I furrow my eyebrows together when Caden pulls over to the side of the road, next to a large corn field.

" You know this is usually where people get murdered in horror movies." I choke out as I look out at the dark field through the glass window.

" Why did you follow me out." Caden asks, his eyes on me. The car was off now, and all you could hear was the sound of the crickets chirping outside.