5 - The Brothers

chapter 5 ~ The Brothers

~ Isabelle ~

My head peaks out of the bedroom door as I look around, trying to make a guess on where the exit could be.

I would ask another maid, but they had all seemed to go upstairs after the family was announced to be back.

I'm not sure how many doors I walked through, but it was definitely too many to count.

Maybe I had to go upstairs? I had already checked every door down here, and none of them led to the exit.

Hesitating, I slowly walk up the stairs, hearing multiple voices booming throughout the mansion as I near closer.

I feel my heart drumming in my chest as I walk out into the bright hallways, looking around for the exit.

Mrs. Carmen suddenly spots me standing alone and gives me a confused look before marching up to me and grabbing my arm.

I try not to make it obvious that's where I had gotten hurt multiple times, and hide the pain in my face as she drags me down the hallway.

" Are you insane? I told you to leave why are you still here?" She spits, her tone quiet but serious.

" I..I'm sorry I couldn't find the exit." I say, trying to catch up with her fast pace.

" This is not the time to be lost." She scowls, sharply turning down a hall.

I gasp when I suddenly make contact with something hard, stumbling backwards and onto the ground as Mrs. Carmen's grip on me is broken.

" Shit I'm sorry." A deep voice says from above me,  and I look up from the floor to see an insanely attractive looking guy, with dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes, who looked to be 6'4.

" Are you okay?" He asks, reaching his hand out to me. A concerned look spreads across his face, one I never thought anyone could look at me with.

My eyes move towards his reached out hand, then to Mrs. Carmen's angry face. Slowly, I get up on my own, ignoring his hand. I figured Mrs. Carmen would get mad if I so as spoke to him in any manner, he seemed like he lived here.

I only assumed because of the luxury brands he was wearing, and the gold watch wrapped around his wrist.

The guy looks down at his rejected hand, a small smile on his face as his eyes move over my face.

I swallow the lump in my throat, looking at Mrs. Carmen for help. I wasn't sure what was going on, why this guy was staring at me, and if I was supposed to apologize or not.

" I sincerely apologize on behalf of her Mr. Ace, she's new to the job." Mrs. Carmen suddenly says, bowing her head slightly.

I furrow my brows together at her movement, and quickly follow along with her.