6

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

My hands graze the soft fabric of the most expensive clothing I'd ever worn. I look at myself standing in front of the small mirror, dressed in my new school uniform which consisted of a dark pleated skirt, fitted black jacket, and a white dress shirt underneath covered with a perfectly folded bow.

Unfortunately, my dirty, torn up shoes didn't exactly match the extravagance of the beautiful fabric, but I didn't mind too much. They were comfortable, and that's all that really mattered to me.

I brush my long brown hair out, looking back at the clock that read exactly 6am. Jumping up from my seat I grab my bag and phone that had the walking directions already ready. It was a 30 minute walk, so I had to get ready earlier since I wasn't the fastest at walking with all of my injuries slowing me down.

I had all of my textbooks already packed in my old backpack. I was hoping the heaviness of them wouldn't tear through the fragile fabric of my bag from everything its gone through.

I take one more look at myself in the mirror, my bruise had only gotten worse and a small sigh leaves my mouth at the purple and red skin surrounding my eye. Quietly, I start heading out of the room. I didn't want to wake anyone, even though most of the maids had already been up to start work.

How was it even true that I was attending such a prestigious school? I only hoped there would be no more bullying, or at least not as bad as Evan.

There couldn't be though, they all came from well off families, it's not like they'd want anything from someone like me.

I wondered if I should thank the owners of the house for letting me attend the school for a moment, but then remember how different we were from each other. I was probably worth nothing in there eyes, which was definitely true either way.

As I'm walking I count how many steps it takes for me to reach each line of the sidewalk, I was trying to distract myself from all the nerves building up inside of me.

Maybe if I didn't talk to anyone, maybe if I pretended like I wasn't even there, no one would bother me.

I never expected anyone to talk to me anyways, there obviously had to be a reason why no one's ever wanted to be my friend after all.

My head suddenly snaps up at the sound of a loud horn, and I move my gaze to the side to see a familiar handsome blonde poking his head out from the back seat of an expensive car, a large smile painted on his face as he waves at me, as if we were friends who'd known each other for years.

" You work at my house right? Why are you walking?" He yells from the window, and I watch him, my hands grasped tightly onto my backpack straps as I look at him in confusion.

Why was Ace Agosti bothering to talk to me? A nobody.

I swallow the lump in my throat before slowly pointing my finger towards the direction I was going. " S..school." I manage to say, pieces of my hair blowing in the chilly morning wind.