29

Hey everyone!! Check out the book trailer for The Mafia's Maid up above!  I hope you all enjoy, it by took me too long to make 😩😭

~ Isabelle ~

" Projects on the tray, anything turned in late is an automatic zero." Mr. Silas grumbles as he marks off attendance.

He wasn't exactly in the best mood today, neither was I.

I'd gotten nearly no sleep last night. My head kept filling with thoughts of Caden last night, the kiss, his touch, the little distance between us.

I was meant to forget about it all. I didn't understand it'd be so hard to keep my mind off of it.

Whatever it was that I felt last night, it was different. I'm not sure what I was feeling really.

Sighing I look down at my sad excuse of a project as I get up from my seat.

Even though I only had one question done on there it was better then nothing.

I reach out my hand to place the paper in the tray until Leslie shoulders me, pushing hard ahead of me.

She looks me up and down with a nasty look before walking back to her seat.

What was her problem?

Thankfully Caden hadn't been in class yet. He usually came in late, by late I mean coming in when there's only 25 minutes of class left.

I knew he'd arrived in class by Mr. Silas's disappointed look towards the door, and a giggle from Leslie.

My hands were itching to just grab my backpack and run away from this school, but I keep my cool and just look down at my desk.

" I'm handing out an assignment that I expect to be done before the class ends as an exit ticket." Mr. Silas grumbles after glaring at Caden's late entrance once again.

I'm given a stack of papers for my row so I grab one before turning slightly to hand the stack to Caden to pass back.

I could feel his dark eyes on me but I ignore it, knowing I would probably regret it if I looked up at him. He takes the papers, slightly brushing past my fingers.

The action only causes shivers to run down my arms and any rational thoughts in my head to melt away.

I'm not sure how he did it, but whatever happened last night, I wanted more of it. I couldn't exactly explain why, or what I was thinking, but I couldn't get him out of my head.

Which was a problem that needed to be taken care of quickly before it got out of hand.

When I turn back towards my desk I try calming my heart as I hold tightly onto the pencil in my hand.

How was I going to get through school?

*
Lunch was my favorite part of the day.

I had my own spot in the corner where no one else sat. It was a good distance away from the table Ace sat at, and I'd usually never run into Caden.