48

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

" What." Is all Caden says, his voice empty and void of any emotions as Mr. Agosti puts his hand on Mrs. Agosti's shoulder to calm her down.

" I had your old tutor locked up until we got any information on why you were acting that way towards her." Mr. Agosti starts, pain in his eyes as he looks at Caden.

Why was his tutor of all people locked up?

" She confessed to everything just recently, I had to tell your mother too."

" All this time my baby was hurting, how could I be so stupid." Mrs. Agosti cries, and I watch as a wave of realization suddenly washes over Caden's face when he takes in what they're talking about.

" How did you kill her?" He asks, turning towards his dad with dark eyes.

Kill her? Kill?

I felt like puking

Mr. Agosti looks towards his wife, hesitating on whether he should answer or not. "Maybe not in front of your mother." He says, giving Caden a knowing look.

I try to control my breathing, still trying to process what the killing was for. I overheard them talking about a Mafia once, but never did I think it was actually true.

I didn't bring it up of course, because if it was true they'd probably kill me too. It was only safe to keep silent about it, as terrifying as it made me feel.

Maybe this family wasn't some perfect, normal rich family that everyone believed them to be. There was a dark secret behind this family and I wanted nothing to do with it, I don't think anyone did.

My thoughts distract me from the conversation going on outside of the closet, until Mrs. Agosti's voice gets my attention once again.

" You were just a child...how could she...how did I not notice." Mrs. Agosti cries, shaking her head in guilt. I couldn't explain the look in her eyes, a mix of guilt and pain clouded over by tears. But there was something deeper in them, perhaps a look only a mother in pain could have, I wasn't sure though.

It looked like she was trying her best to stay strong, but she could barely keep herself together as soon as her eyes would land on Caden.

Caden's jaw was tense, and I could tell he was feeling overwhelmed at whatever they were talking about.    "I didn't think you would believe me." His voice comes out cold.

I furrow my brows together, noticing the looks of confusion on his parents face's.

" You and Ace are first before any other person on this planet, how could we not believe you sweetheart?" Mrs. Agosti says in a soft voice, looking up at her son.

" Ok." He says stiffly after a moment of silence. He looked lost, like he wasn't sure how to react. I couldn't exactly tell if he was upset or not, especially since I wasn't even sure what any of this was about.