13

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

" Well you aren't going to stand there all day are you? I need that detention slip young lady." The same teacher who had given me my first ever detention slip utters. I slowly move from my spot, my eyes glued to the floor as I walk to the front of the classroom and hand the mean looking man the small paper.

I felt his gaze burning through the side of my head, feeling my heart rate increase as I tighten my sweaty hands on my backpack straps before turning around to find a seat.

Unfortunately, as soon as I'd turned around Caden's grey eyes land on my face, watching me in amusement as he sat leaned back in his chair.

How did he even get detention anyways?

I quickly avert my gaze as I start walking past the row of desks, away from anywhere Caden was sitting. It's not until I feel his large hand grab my arm when I pass by his desk that panic starts rising in my chest.

I try pulling away, but his hold is too firm.

" L...let go of me." I barely let out, still trying to pull away from him as I look down at his unbothered face.

"Sit." He orders, nodding his head over to the seat next to him. I look at the seat before looking back at Caden and slowly shaking my head no.

" I..I'm ok." I say, wanting to leave his presence completely.

" I didn't fucking ask." He scowls, his voice laced with annoyance and I swallow the lump in my throat before quickly sitting down in the chair. The teacher was too busy to notice anything, his focus on the phone in his hand now, and the other couple students were dead asleep.

My body was stiff as I sat in the chair as far as I could be from him. My fingers nervously start wrapping around each other as my eyes are glued to the clock in front of the classroom.

One hour, how would I last an entire hour?

" Stop." He grumbles, and I look at him, confused at what he was talking about.

" S...stop what?" I say, my eyes glancing down to his bruised up knuckles. I think back to the guy who'd thrown those balled up papers at me and his beat up face. The same guy who had told me about some person who had helped me.

Was Caden the one who punched him? The idea pops into my head as I think about it, not sure if that would even be possible considering Caden would rather kill me then help me.

He lets out a breath of annoyance, leaning his head back as his hands move into his pockets."Stop the fucking hands." He let's out, and I look down at my hands before quickly moving them under my legs.

" O..oh, sorry." I mutter, turning away. I couldn't help but steal one more glance at him.

Even I couldn't deny Caden was handsome. His sharp jawline, dark eyes, the muscles on his arms bulging through the dress shirt he'd left the top buttons open to, and even the cuts around his face all made him even more attractive looking. Too bad his murderous personality ruined it all.