39 ~ A

~ Ace ~

~ Ace ~

I knew something was off

When the video got released anyone could tell Isabelle was uncomfortable in the video. And Leslie of all people sending it to the entire school made it all even more suspicious.

So when I saw her walking down that hallway earlier, looking so lost, I felt a piece of my own heart break. How could anyone be so disgusting to hurt Isabelle Hart, the kindest girl I know.

I could barely even watch the video without wanting to smash the screen into pieces.

" What's everyone laughing at." I look down to see Charlotte standing next to me typing on her phone. She looked bored as she lets out a long sigh of annoyance when I don't answer.

I'm not sure why she was talking to me. She made it pretty clear last night that I was " too much of a jock" and she wanted nothing to do with me.

Whatever my parents were hoping to get out of this marriage thing was never going to happen.

" None of your business, stop being so nosy." I say, moving to walk away until I'm dragged down from my ear.

I wince in pain at the force of her pull, looking at her like she's crazy.

" I know I may not look like it, but I'm stronger then you think. Now tell me because it looks like it's already everyone else's business." She says with a big smile on her face before letting go of my ear.

I hold onto my ear as I look at the psychopathic demon watching me with her arms crossed.

My eyes wander towards Leslie who had still been laughing over the video with her friends as they stood around a locker.

I ignore Charlotte as I walk up to them, snatching Leslie's phone away.

" Ace, what are you doing?" She asks confused.

I go to her social media account, deleting the video so no one else can. Before giving her the phone back I  "accidentally" drop it on the ground.

" My bad." I shrug, watching as she screeches and runs to her phone.

" You broke it!" She cries, holding up her cracked phone. Her friends watch in shock with their hands covering their mouth as they look at me.

" It was the floor not me." I say, turning around and walking towards the school doors. I'm not sure where Isabelle had run off too, but I couldn't just leave her alone.

" You just broke that bitches phone!" Charlotte laughs as she runs up to walk with me.

" Why'd you do it?" She asks curiously.

" Nosy."

" I'm not nosy." She scoffs, and I look down at her with a raised eyebrow.

" Maybe a little but there's nothing wrong with wanting to know stuff." She admits, shrugging her shoulders.

" Where are you going?" She asks another question, causing a small laugh to leave my mouth. So much for just a little nosy.

" To find Isabelle." I say as I open the door, stopping when I see Caden just now getting to school on his motorcycle.

I look towards the sidewalk, my eyes catching Isabelle who was walking in the rain. I'm about to run up to her but Caden yells out a fucking nickname to her before I can do anything.

Since when did he call her Belle?

" Oh, this is messy." Charlotte whispers under her breath. A small smile reaches my face when Isabelle ignores Caden.

The smile goes away when he gets on the motorcycle and drives up to her

" Oh this is really messy." Charlotte says again, this time causing me to glare down at her.

" What's messy? Nothing is messy she doesn't even like him, she's going to prom with me." I scowl at Charlotte, watching as her eyes squint at me suspiciously.

" I didn't say she does dickhead." She smirks. My jaw ticks in annoyance at her stupid face.

I knew Caden would take care of Isabelle. I knew he liked her. Did that make me mad?

Yes

Did I want to go up and tell her to come with me instead? Yeah.

But I knew this wasn't the time.

I hold back my frustration as I sigh out, knowing at least someone's there's for her right now.

" I only see this in movies I wonder wh-" I stop in my steps as we're walking back into the school, cutting her off.

" Charlotte, could you do me a favor and just shut the fuck up." I say, a fake smile reaching my face as I look down at her.

She looks up at me, closing her mouth. I watch her confused when she actually does shut up, surprisingly.

Although I can't help feeling bad when she doesn't say anything else, and just turns away, walking back down the hall.

***