12

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

I knew as soon as the sound of the door slamming open, and Mr. Silas stopping mid sentence that he was here. I didn't want to believe it, and for a moment I tried telling myself it could be anyone, until Mr.Silas crushed all my hopes.

"Mr. Agosti, you've been late every single day this year, when will you learn." He grumbles out and I feel my body stiffen, my hand on my pencil not moving anymore as I avoid looking in that direction.

He doesn't respond to Mr.Silas, just sitting down in his desk.

I try to calm my nerves by just focusing on Mr.Silas who was introducing us to a project we'd be assigned partners to tomorrow, but I couldn't help my legs shaking up and down nervously. His presence in the room alone made me terrified and uneasy.

Mr. Silas told us he wouldn't give the details until tomorrow. Other then we had to finish it over the weekend, and that it was due on Monday, which wasn't a lot of time since tomorrow was Friday. I was only hoping I didn't have to present in front of anyone.

I freeze in my seat, trying to hold back a gasp when I feel Caden kick my chair with force. Did I do something wrong? Was he trying to mess with me?

I bite my lip nervously as I try keeping up with Mr. Silas' voice, but he was talking too fast and I could barely write anything down.

I started to feel uncomfortable as I heard a group of boys looking in my direction, trying to hold in laughs. My brain tells me not to pay any mind to it, until I feel a crumpled up paper hit the side of my head and more students start laughing.

Ignore it

" Hey!Look over here you freak." A boy sitting two chairs across from me snickers.

I wanted to tell him to leave me alone but I knew I had no guts to actually say it. Who was I to say anything like that in a school like this anyway?

Everyone ignored me because I didn't have as much money, because I was from the poor side of town.

I was nothing here. I was also nothing in my old town though, so I guess it didn't exactly matter. I'd always just be a nothing, to everyone.

I glance over at him, expecting him to say something but all that happens is another paper getting thrown at me. I turn my head back quickly, hanging my head low as I try to ignore the laughs.

" Isn't your town full of criminals? You better not steal anything in this school fucking servant." He spits at me and I feel as my hands start to nervously wrap around each other.

I wished I could just scream at him that I didn't do anything, that I'm a kind person and would never steal, that I don't want any problems. But why would he listen to me?

So I don't do anything.

Coward

As soon as the bell rings my hand is already pulling my backpack over my shoulders as I quickly walk out of the classroom.