26

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

Where are you

I stare at the words on my screen, still confused on why he was texting me and how I should even respond.

" Everything okay?" Ace asks, and I turn my focus away from the phone as I look over at him, a small smile on my face as I nod my head.

" J..just a text." I say, nervously biting my lip as I open the message and start typing.

I don't even get to write out a message because another text follows right after and I feel my face flush red.

Come to my room

Who says that? Was he crazy? I suck in a breath as I shakily type out a text.

I'm not at the house, sorry.

My fingers hover over the keyboard as I hesitantly try to decide if the next message was okay to say.

Before I know it my curious thoughts take over and I send the message, anxiously waiting for a response.

Why do you want me to come to your room?

I quickly turn off my phone and turn it so the screen is facing down, trying to calm my racing heart.

" Here we are, the best ice cream shop in town." Ace suddenly says and I look up, coming face to face with a cute looking ice cream shop that read Dave's Ice Cream.

I nervously get out of the car, ignoring the judgy stares people gave me as we walked over to the line.

" I..is it normal for people to stare at you here." I mumble under my breath, looking up at Ace.

It wasn't rocket science to notice the stares Ace had gotten, most of them people gawking over him.

" No, usually they dance around me in a circle for hours straight." He says and I look up at him before realizing he was joking.

" That must be so difficult to deal with." I sigh sarcastically as we move up to the cashier.

" What can I get you two young lads?" An old man says with a large smile as he looks between us.

I look over the menu, trying to find the cheapest ice cream. I couldn't afford spending my money but I didn't want to look pathetic in front of Ace by saying I didn't want anything.

" I...I'll have the vanilla on a cone." I say quietly, trying to ignore all the people around me.

The laughing didn't make it any better, I knew they weren't laughing at me but my head couldn't help but think everyone standing there was judging me.