35 - The Birthday Pt.2

~ Caden ~

~ Caden ~

Seeing her giving Ace a birthday present while smiling at him with those fucking eyes pissed me off.

Seeing him almost kissing Belle last night pissed me off even more.

Do I know why? Fuck no.

Watching her hesitate after I asked if she liked Ace was the closest answer I could get to whatever the hell was going on.

Her silence to my question only brought a heavy feeling in my chest.

I stop myself from saying anything I'll regret later as I push past her short frame, walking back towards the large room.

Why the hell was I so mad?

I grab another glass of whiskey, downing the liquid as I watch Ace and my parents talking with the Randolph family and their daughter.

A part of me was hoping it was a business marriage request so he'd stay away from Belle, but the angry look on the girls face told me she wanted nothing to do with him.

I ignore any voices coming towards me while I walk towards the door to leave. I had enough of hearing forced conversations from people who only wanted gossip and money.

" Already leaving without saying hi to me?" A voice speaks up from behind me, forcing its way into my ears.

I stop in my tracks, feeling my jaw clench as I look down at her hand on my arm.

I rip away from her grip before turning around, looking back at the woman who was now shorter then me since the last time I'd seen her.

" You've gotten even more handsome." She smiles, taking a couple steps closer to me.

" It seems our history turned you into a stronger man, hm?" She whispers, putting her hand on my chest.

I don't say anything.

I thought it would be anger.

For a long time, I thought all I would feel would be anger when I'd see her again.

I felt nothing

I just watch her, the same woman who took something from me I'll never get back.

Me

" Aren't you going to say somethi-?"

I grab her collar, watching as her eyes nearly pop out from the sudden force.

" I'm not a kid anymore." I scowl, ignoring the growing crowd as I tighten my hands on her.

She looks at me, no fear showing in her eyes. " They'll never believe you." She smiles again. I furrow my eyebrows together before my fist goes straight for her face.

I could feel each punch getting harder, the sound of her screaming bringing satisfaction to my ears.

I don't hear anyone else around me.

All I hear is the terrible memories replaying in my head as I continuously punch her.

I wanted to see her in pain as I shot a bullet through her body for every time it happened. Before I can bring out my gun to her head I feel myself being pushed off of her.

I knew Ace was yelling at me, I couldn't hear him though. Whatever he said goes straight past my ears as I look at the sight in front of me.

My eyes are stuck on the woman who was now on the ground, her hand holding a towel to her bloody face. There's multiple people surrounding her, helping her.

My eyes move around the place as I watch everyone look at the woman with pity. I look at the blood on my hands, a sinking feeling setting in my heart.

Why the fuck are they helping her?

I saw the part of me I'd never get back every time my eyes shifted towards her, and the same feeling of being trapped lingers in my head.

They'll never believe you

I leave.

I push past every person in my way as I go towards the door.

I slam it open as I walk outside, my keys in my hand as I walk towards the car.

The feeling of a small hand tugging at my sleeve stops me when I make it to the door of my car. I'm about to push the fucker off until I realize I'm looking down at Belle.

~ Isabelle ~

My breaths are heavy as I finally reach for the door, feeling the cold air hit my cheeks as I look for Caden.

I could see every release of breath coming from my mouth slowly disappear in the air as I move my eyes in every direction he could've gone.

I don't even think as my legs start running towards the driveway when I see Caden walking up to a black Ferrari.

Before he's able to open the door I run up, half out of breath as I grab his sleeve and gently tug on it. I didn't know any other way to get his attention, mainly because I couldn't think of any words to tell him.

I was too busy making sure he hadn't left alone.

I push away any thoughts in my head as I look up at Caden, searching his confused eyes that carefully watch me.

I had no idea what happened between Caden and that woman. His reaction to her was all I needed though to notice something was off though.

It was a reaction I'd been too familiar with not to notice.

" What are you doing." He asks coldly, catching me off guard.

I let go of his sleeves, nervously playing with my fingers as I feel him only growing more impatient with me.

Caden looks down at my hands before a sigh leaves his mouth. " Go back inside." He says before opening the door of the car.

Not even thinking I push myself towards Caden, his back now towards me as he's about to get into the car. My arms move between his own as I wrap him in a tight hug, resting my head on his back.

" No." I mumble, feeling his body tense up beneath me. I knew if I let him get in that car alone he would do something stupid again. He'd probably get into another fight, drink too much, or drive at a dangerous speed.

"Is this what you followed me for?" He asks lowly. I bite my lip nervously before pulling out of the hug. Caden turns around, looking down at me curiously.

" Take me with you." I mumble out under my breath, hugging my arms to my chest nervously.

***