第12章: Cafeteria Incident

A/n: I am not feeling well when I wrote this, so this one seemed kind of off

十二

Shoto sat quietly inside the classroom. He arrived earlier than usual. His mind wonders back at what happened yesterday with the students in Jujutsu High— especially his conversation with Satoru.

When he had gotten out of the said room yesterday because of the sudden behavior from (Y/n), he actually met Satoru, sitting outside with a flat smile on his lips.

It's as if he's been waiting for him to get out.

And so, when Satoru looked in his direction despite having his blindfold on, the man patted the space next to him for Shoto to sit. And when he did comply with Satoru's request— the white-haired man spoke these words:

"Take care of (Y/n) for me, Sho-Kun. Keep her safe and look out for her, alright?"

Of course, this baffled the boy. Confused and disturbed as to why this strong man would leave his daughter to someone like him?

Shoto asked if he was going to leave, and go somewhere. But the man beside him just smiled tenderly as he said nothing, got up, and left to head inside the said room.

Shoto watched as he did so, disturbed and confused. It's like, whenever he's with (Y/n) he's always confused— and annoyed. Understanding feelings is not one of his strengths, that's why he's often seen to be clueless and innocent.

But, that's not Shoto's fault. If he didn't have a terrible childhood, he would've been the same as (Y/n).

Shoto sighed, "How am I going to keep her safe? She's the strongest, she looks like she doesn't need it..." He said to himself as he leaned against his seat and closed his eyes. Letting the silence of the room succumbed him as the only noise that occupies him was his own thoughts.

'𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝑰 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒕.'

[ •   •   • ]

You happily walked on the sidewalk. You just arrived in UA by commuting because you thought Shoto was still at his house— turns out he left early than usual.

Your eyes flutter as you fixed your circular dark glasses. Towards you see a lot of people, most specifically the media flocking around in front of the main gate of the campus.