第19章: What was that?

十九

十九

Screams.

People running.

Children crying.

A middle-aged woman with (H/c) stood in the middle of the chaos holding her only daughter in her arms in a protective manner.

Her mind didn't even have time to comprehend anything as she just stood there motionless, eyes not once blinking as she stare at the hell show that was happening in front of her.

Rescue?

Where?

Where are the pro-heroes?

Where is her...

Husband?

She heard her baby whimper, sniffed, and then started crying.

"Shh... There, there,"

The woman comforts the infant, but still, the baby did not stop crying.

What happened?

The woman watched her baby's eyes open. Her big blue diamond eyes which seemed almost shiny certainly reminded her of her missing husband. This somehow made her sigh in relief, the comfort that those eyes give, the safety. It was enough to calm her nerves.

Times went by, and slowly, things started to make sense inside her head.

On how this chaos started.

Her eyes twitched as she stare at the events that were happening in front of her. Slowly, with her eyes, she looked back down at the beautiful baby girl in her arms.

"This is... all your fault... Isn't it?"

▂▂▂▂

┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊

。˚ ┊

┊。˚

。˚

"...(.../n)....?"

"Oi, wake up. (Y/n),"

Nanami nudged you by the shoulder for you to wake up.