Chapter 5:Getting to Know My Team

My phone pinged with an alert so I picked it up to check who messaged.

11/1357 New Delhi. Be there by 7 kiddo. It's an order.

I stared at it for a few seconds before I remembered my chat with Virat. Well it was too one sided to call it a chat but whatever.

It was three right now and I was lazing around in front of the tv cooling my body down after the vigerous training session. I signed and got up thinking what to wear tonight. Everyone was expecting Elliot not Elizabeth to turn up so it shouldn't be difficult to dress up.

I picked up my car keys and drove over to Zara buying a couple of guy shirts and jeans. I decided to buy a gift for Virat as it was his house party and bought a wine bottle for him. Thinking to dress casual I wore a white loose shirt with black jeans.

It was 6:45 by the time I was ready and I didn't know the area of his house so I decided to leave then after filling in his address in my phone's GPS.

Within 45 minutes I was standing outside his house ringing his door bell. I could hear soft music playing from inside. I saw that people had already arrived as there were a few cars parked around the house. The door opened revealing a very sexy Virat Kohli in a black shirt which accentuated his muscles and black jeans which looked extra classy on him. He had gelled his hair back in his usual style. He smiled seeing me and I melted on the spot. His smiles could make my day.

"Kiddo! You came! Come in, come in." He moved back opening the door further for me to walk in.

"Here this is for you, Virat sir." I said politely handling over the wine bottle to him.

"Virat sir?! Please don't make me feel that old or be so professional. We're a family here. You can call me cheeku." He said faking annoyance.

I couldn't stop the grin that came on my face. Virat just said that I could call him as Cheeku, his nickname! He held up one finger as if telling me to stay right where I was and he would be back in a minute. I stayed put and looked around finding almost the whole team there. Other than the team there were only a few other people around.

I saw Virat walk to what was the kitchen. He opened the fridge and kept the wine inside before turning towards me. "Now it's time that the new addition be introduced to the family." He said to me and walked towards the music system and shut it off which resulted in groans coming from all corners.

"What cheeku?" I heard someone speak out and turned towards the person to see that it was Suresh Raina. I felt my mouth opening. Though I was at practise with all of them just this morning it still felt surreal.

"Raina we are here to welcome Elliot remember. Come here kiddo. Meet everyone." He called out to me and I awkwardly walked over to him. Suddenly everyone crowded me and I felt like a rab rat.

"Hey Elliot! I'm glad that you are the new addition to the team. I saw your bowling and it was fantastic." Suresh said with a smile and I returned a polite thank you feeling happy that he was complimenting my bowling. After a session of introduction to everyone they all finally left me alone and the music started again. The only people left around me were Rohit, Raina and Shikhar Dhawan.

"So you took my wicket today huh? You cheeky little thing?" Rohit said with an angry face and I immidiately got scared. Maybe he held a grudge against me for getting him out. I had the expression of a deer in headlights and looked wide eyed from Rohit to the other two.

"I'm sorry sir it won't happen again." I said in a low voice looking down at the ground. Suddenly all three of them erupted into laughter. I realised he was just messing with me and felt foolish.

"Hey now! You guys stop disturbing this kid. Elliot you come with me" I heard Virat say from beside me before I was pulled off to a side.

"Don't worry I'll see them tomorrow at training. They won't trouble you again." He said looking at me sincerely.

I just kept staring at his eyes like a fool and felt my stomach flutter at his words. He took a gulp of the drink in his hand looking over at the party before facing me again.

"Would you like a drink? I've seen you haven't had anything the whole time." He motioned for a server to come towards us. He picked up a flute of champagne for me and was handling it over to me when I was pushed into the glass making my white shirt wet as the drink spilled on me.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry I didn't realise you were standing behind me. I was hiding from Raina as he was hell bent on teasing me about my new girlfriend." I looked up at Yuvi paa, the Yuvraj Singh apologising to me.

"Its ok it happens." I said with a smile all the while holding my shirt away from my body feeling sticky already.

"Come with me, I'll give you a shirt to change into." Virat spoke from beside me. He started climbing the stairs and I followed him. Once we were in the room, I left my shirt and it immidiately hugged my body as it was wet.

"Here you can wear this." Virat said as he turned around holding up a black shirt towards me. Immidiately his eyes widened and he looked at my chest. I looked down confused and I saw that because the shirt was white and wet it had become see through and anyone could easily see my bra. I looked back at him ready to apologise but before I could react I saw realisation dawning in his eyes and then finally anger.

"Wear this and then we'll talk." He ordered me and left the room. I immidiately changed and called him inside.

"Explain this." He growled out as soon as he walked in after closing the door.

I told him everything about my life and my dream and I could see his shoulders visibly relax. He might be thinking that this all was just a joke for me or maybe I was that type of a girl who did all this to get into the team's pants but when I had explained him my point of view he looked visibly calmer.

//--//
(A/N):- If you like it put a vote on it! Ok that was really lame, but do vote and comment so I can know that you liked it. Criticism also welcome!