Chapter 15: Beautiful Day

We broke the kiss and stared into each other's eyes content of being in the other's arms.

"I have more surprises for you." I spoke when I heard the door bell ring and he again had a curious and excited expression on his face. I walked over to the door with my purse and paid the delivery boy the whole while hiding my face with a scarf before walking back in with a dish in my arms. I opened the packing right there in front of him and served him sushi. I know he loved sushi so I had ordered it specially for him. Seeing the delicacy his face lit up and he jumped right in to eat. I just laughed at his goofiness.

After we had finished eating we sat down to watch a movie together cuddling with each other on the couch. We spend the rest of the day just enjoying each other's company before Virat had to leave for his home.

The next day I woke up with a smile on my face. I walked over to the shower and did everything in super speed excited to meet Cheeku and the rest of the team as practise had started again. When I got out of the house I felt the sun's rays on my skin and I felt energetic already.

As soon as I walked into the dressing room with a spring in my step to change into my practise uniform I was surrounded by the whole team and boy did they look annoyed.

"Where were you yesterday? We all tried calling you and your phone was switched off the whole day! Didn't we plan that we would go out and party if we won the series?" Shikhar said with a slight frown on his face and I remembered that I had indeed promised it but that was a month ago before we had even gone on the series. I felt bad and decided to make up an excuse as I couldn't exactly tell them that I was with Virat. I thought about Sid as I knew he would back me up too.

"Oh, I'm sorry guys it just slipped my mind. Actually a friend's parents had called me for dinner and I couldn't refuse. I should have infromed you I'm so sorry." I said with an apologetic face.

"Oho 'friend' huh?" Raina said with air quotations on the word friend and a smirk.

"Uhh no, he's gay guys so please stop it." I spoke and started moving towards the changing stall. I felt something wierd by the silence they were giving me so I looked back at them to see their mouth hanging open and their eyes wide.

"You're gay?!" Rohit almost screamed before Rahane elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ofcourse we don't have any problems with that right guys?" Rahane spoke and I was extremely confused before I realised what I had said.

"Oh god no! He is gay and has a boyfriend but it's not me! I'm straight. Completely straight. Oh god why." I facepalmed myself on my error. When everyone still didn't look convinced I explained further.
"Guys I grew up with him. His parents were my legal guardians after dad." I cleared my throat and continued."Anyways, he's like a brother to me."

I was met with an awkward silence as they realised their mistake which was broken by the entry of Virat.

"Any you! Where were you yesterday? Huh? We were supposed to meet and celebrate the win remember?!" Jadeja accused him in much of a similar manner as they had asked me.

But unlike me Cheeku looked prepaired. He looked up from his phone he was currently engrossed in to reply.
"I'm sorry I should have informed you but I was so tired that I just crashed and dozed off." He said with a pout and he was immidiately forgiven. I stood with an open mouth and glared at everyone.

"How come you guys let him off so easy?" I fumed.

"Well he's the captain and we don't want extra practise for a week." Bhuvi retorted as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Well yes I guess that was obvious. "Fair enough." I said and walked in to change.

We had regular practice for the next one week but Cheeku and I didn't have any more dates. I felt bad about hiding everything from the boys and I decided to tell them. If they still wanted to kick me out even after I explained the reasons for my actions then so be it. I might not be able to fulfill my dream but I atleast had proved to the world that I was worthy of being in the team. I thought of asking Cheeku about this and called him over to my house.

He came in using the spare key I had given him to my house and pulled me into his arms snuggling his face into my neck.

"I missed you." He breathed into my neck and I shivered from the sensation.

I looked up at him. "Stop distracting me Virat. I need to talk to you." When I thought about telling the boys I instantly felt nervous and he could sense that because he pulled my chin up and made me look into his eyes with a worried look waiting for me to speak.

"I think I should tell the boys about me. And while I'm at it I would like to come out with us too. If you don't mind obviously. They have become a family to me and I wouldn't want them to get to know from someone else. I can't do that to them and they don't deserve it."

"I would love that too Elize." As soon as he finished his sentence I jumped into his arms and started kissing him all over his face. He started laughing at my antics.

"Babe you are reminding me of Bruno."

"Good, maybe you would love me more then." I replied and he just chuckled.