Chapter 8: Party

(A/N)- Song in the video is Birthday Cake. Please do not listen to it without headphones.

We both got into Virat's car and I immidiately inhaled the wonderful fragrance of his car. It was wonderful and I loved the fact that he kept it clean and tidy unlike some other guys I knew. The smell was from a car perfume that was attached to the ac vent.

"I like the smell." I complimented knowing he would understand what I am talking about and he smiled back politely in return.

He started the car and I realised that I didn't even know where we were headed so I asked him.

"Where are we going Cheeku? Will the boys be there?"

"We are going to a club nearby as it's the last day we can all drink alcohol before we stop drinking for the series to Sri Lanka. And did you want to be all alone with me? If you don't want the boys to be there I can call and cancel the plan and you could have me all to yourself." He looked at me with a flirty smile and winked.

"No, actually I didn't want to be all alone with you because then I would be bored all night so I asked just to make sure that everyone is coming." I retorted with a serious face. He pouted like a five year old and I laughed at his antics before he smiled back at me.

After five minutes I got bored and started fiddling with the stereo of his car. I switched on FM and suddenly a slow romantic song about sex came on and my cheeks went red before changing the station quickly. Next the song Birthday Cake by Rihanna came on and I choked on my own spit before changing the station quickly again. Finally I found a decent enough song and sat back horrified in my seat. I peeked at Virat and saw him trying to hold back his laughter by biting his lower lip. I don't know what came over me but I burst out laughing at the embaressing moment and soon Virat joined in too.

The rest of the ride passed by without any more incidents and soon we found ourselves walking inside the VIP part of the club. Mostly everyone was already there and we starting mingling with everyone. One by one all of them went over to dance leaving me, Cheeku, Bhuvi and Shami behind. Jadeja and Raina soon came over and started pulling us to the dance floor holding our hands. I resisted but finally gave in and walked over to the dance floor. I felt uncomfortable trying to dance like a guy and was just moving wierdly before I decided to have fun and started doing the robot dance. Everyone looked at me and laughed but I didn't care. I continued and soon enough Raina and Shikhar joined in followed by Virat, Rohit and Jaddu. We were all doing wierd motions after a while and were laughing at each other.

Soon a slow song came on and everyone pulled their girlfriends, wives or fiancée's to dance with them. They all looked so cute and romantic that I couldn't help but feel happy for them. The rest went over to the bar for more drinks and I came back to our table and sat down. Cheeku followed me and I noticed that he hadn't brought a girlfriend with him. We were alone at the table so I asked him about it.

"Why, oh mightly Virat Kohli whom girls can't keep their eyes off of doesn't have a girlfriend? Maybe they just like looking at you but noone actually wants to date you." I asked him mocking what he had said earlier.

"The only girl I am interested in has to act like a male and even though I have nothing against homosexuals I don't want people to think wrong about me." He looked at me and answered with a straight face all the while looking into my eyes. My heart skipped a beat when I heard what he said but stopped myself from reacting thinking that maybe he was just joking. Obviously he was joking. Why would this great guy like me anyways? He had a million girls in love with him and I was a tomboy. Ofcourse he didnt like me.

"Don't Cheeku. Don't say things you don't mean." I looked away from him feeling the sting of tears in my eyes. I closed my eyes shut tightly willing myself to not get affected. Guys never paid any attention to me and though I didn't let it show but it did hurt me. Even I wanted to be loved by someone.

"Look at me Elize." He spoke and I signed and opened my eyes before I looked at him.

"I do like you. I want to get to know you better and I do want you to be my girlfriend. But I know now is not the right time. Not before we fulfill our dream. That's the only thing keeping me from asking you out Elize. I'm not joking." I heard the sincerity in his voice and saw the seriousness in his eyes. I was overwhelmed by emotion but I stopped myself from hugging him as it would look wierd.

"I like you too Cheeku. I would love to try this with you if you still want to after our dream is complete." I spoke with assurance and I could see his shoulders sag in relief and I felt very happy that his feelings were actually true.

Soon the song changed back to upbeat numbers and we were back on the dancefloor dancing like crazy. I felt extremely content with my life at the moment and just let go of all my problems and danced the blues away.

After we were all tired we left for our respective houses or hotels. Cheeku and I got into his car and he drove us back home in comfortable silence. I felt myself drifting off to sleep during the ride as I was very tired.