Chapter 16: Coming Out With The Truth

I paced around my room feeling nervous. Virat was sitting infront of me looking at me worried. I had called the guys over for an immidiate meeting and they were all on their way.

Cheeku pulled me towards himself and rubbed his hands on my arms to calm me down.

Soon all the boys were sitting around us and I was standing infront of them. I looked at Cheeku and he gave me a slight nod urging me on.

I explained them everything about me being a girl and waited for their reaction before I informed them about Virat and me with Virat by my side. Only silence greeted me after I was done.

"So you're a girl." Rohit commented. Raina slapped him upside the head.
"Were you not listening? She practically said it five times. Yes, yes she's a girl." Raina said.

Rohit just rubbed his head and scowled at Raina but he kept his mouth shut.

"Guys I know what I did was wrong and I have already informed you of my reasons. If you guys still think that I should be kicked off the team for lying to you all then I would respect your decision." I spoke while playing with my fingers nervously.

They all looked at each other before an understanding passed through them. They all nooded and got up.

"We can't let you play. We took you in and made you a part of the family and you betrayed our trust." Shikhar said with a serious face and I immidiately felt my eyes water. I knew that this is what they were supposed to do but I was hoping against hope that they would let me play after I had explained them everything. I meekly nodded while looking at the floor. I refused to let my tears flow and make them choose me with guilt. I accepted their decision like I had said I would.

"Oh god no! Please don't feel sad. It was supposed to be a prank. Ofcourse we will still love you whether you are a boy or a girl or a homosexual or straight or even transgender." Rahane spoke up and they all rushed towards me.

Raina continued where Rahane left off. "We want you to play. We aren't sexist. We understand why you had to do what you did and we are with you 100%. You had given the tryouts and you passed with flying colours. We know what you can do and we can't kick you off the team."

I looked up at them with happy tears flowing down my cheeks and hugged them all one by one thanking everyone.

"Well atleast that explains your actions and how you never went swimming with us or how you never had a girlfriend." Shami said and everyone nooded.

"But Virat, you always used to make up perfect excuses for him.. Uhh her. Wait a second! You knew! You knew you bastard and you never told us!" Shikhar said as finally realisation dawned on his face and he pointed at Cheeku with accusation in his eyes.

"Yes, I knew by accident. Don't ask me how. I respected her decision not to tell you and it wasn't my place to do it either. I'm sorry guys." Virat spoke and he was soon after forgiven.

"So now I finally understand why you used to keep staring at my handsome body." Raina said with a teasing smile while he pointed at his stomach which currently was a little out of shape. Though he was one of the best fielders in our side and extremely athletic but he had gained a bit of weight after his marriage with Priyanka di.

"Oh no, I used to stare but that was because I suspected that you are pregnant with Priyanka di's kid after looking at the little bump you've got." I said teasingly while poking his tummy.

"Hey!" He objected while the rest of us burst out laughing.

After we had stopped Virat spoke up. "Uhh guys I have another announcement to make."

"Wait don't tell me, you are a girl too?!" Jadeja squealed out before Ashwin slapped him on his back.

"Uhh. No. I'm not. Actually it's about me and Elize. Umm. We are together."

"So you're gay?! Wait no Elize is a girl and you knew about it. Oh ohhhhh." Raina spoke and I figured he was finally joining all the dots as he thought out loud.

"You sly fuck! And here we thought of trying to get you fixed up with someone as we thought something is wrong." Shikhar said.

I looked at him with a glare feeling possessive about Cheeku and Shikhar immidiately looked like a school boy caught doing mischief.

"No wonder you didn't tell us. You were all smitten with your new girlfriend huh?" Rohit asked with a smirk.

Jadeja spoke us with a hurt look. "What yaar Virat! Now that you have a girlfriend you will forget all about us? Not fair. Yahi dosti yahi pyaar?" Virat looked scared and for once he had no excuse up his sleeve.

We all burst out laughing seeing his face and he realised that the boys were just joking. He got angry and started chasing after Jadeja throwing whatever he could find at him and as his aim was good most of the things hit the poor guy apart from some that Jadeja was able to dodge from.

"Hey now stop destroying my house Cheeku! And leave the poor guy alone." I spoke and Virat immidiately stopped. Jadeja started groaning holding different parts of this body.

"Oho! So now as soon as Elize said it you stopped huh?" Raina said teasing while they all started coughing.

I just felt myself blush and picked up the newspaper from beside me to hit Raina smack in his face which made everyone start laughing again.

I felt like some weight had lifted from my chest after telling the guys and them understanding me and supporting me was just the icing on the cake. Now with all of my loved ones by my side I knew I could face anything that came my way.

------ ------
(A/N)- Yaar= friend

Yahi dosti yahi pyaar= this is the friendship and love you have for us.