Chapter 19: Bhuvi's Wedding Part2

Next day as soon as I woke up I was ambushed by all the WAGS(Wifes and Girlfriends of my teammates). Before I could understand what was happening they made me stand infront of a mirror and placed dresses on my body and talked to themselves as if I wasn't even there. Everytime I tried speaking they made me shut up. After about an hour of discussion they all decided upon certain lehangas and send me into the washroom to try on each one. After what I felt were hours of trying on dresses they finally liked me in a black lehanga with a beautiful golden design on it. The blouse or the upper portion of the lehanga was too short for my liking and they didn't even let me cover myself with my dupatta instead making me hang it just from my right shoulder. The design on the fall was also in golden and when they finally let me see myself in the mirror I actually agreed with them that it made me look good and with my petite yet athletic body you could actually see my almost nonexistent curves. After that they started working on my makeup not even caring about my resistance. In the end they made me wear a wig so that I look more like Elizabeth than Elliot. I actually didn't resist with that part as I couldn't allow my truth to come out before the world cup even though I did wash it thorougly before just incase. The girls didn't even let Virat meet me for the whole day and took my phone away so I couldn't send him even a picture of what I'm looking like. I was so excited about his reaction but I controlled myself by planning with the girls about what to do with 'the chick' who had the audacity to kiss AND slap MY boyfriend. When I told them they were equally pissed and I felt blessed to have such loyal friends.

Finally all the others also got dressed and, if I could say so myself we were all looking gorgeous, it was time to go downstairs to the party. All of them made me stand in the back so that I couldn't be seen easily and we all started walking towards the party. Once we got in we knew that no press was allowed and it was just close family and friends so the girls moved aside. When the boys say their respective partners all of their jaws dropped and I giggled at their reaction.

I focused on Virat and I saw him turning towards me and his eyes skimmed everyone around me and he went back to his conversation. I felt dissapointment course through me. All this hardwork by the girls had gone waste.

Or maybe not. Virat suddenly did a double take and his eyes bulged out of their sockets. His mouth opened involuntarily and I moved towards him slowly with a smile on my face. When I reached him I gently closed him mouth and I could feel a smirk develop on my face.

"Cheeku you'll inhale mosquitoes if you keep your mouth open like this." I tsked and winked at him.

"It's.. You. Beautiful. Wow." He said in a hoarse voice and I giggled that he couldn't even string together basic sentences. I looked him over and I saw that he was wearing a sherwani and was looking handsome. Like really really handsome. What is with Indian guys in Indian wear that makes them look so good? I ogled him for a couple more minutes before Virat said." Who's the one with the open mouth now huh?" He smirked at me and I realised that my mouth had indeed opened and I snapped it close. I got lost in his eyes before I heard a scream from a different corner of the banquet hall. I would have ignored it had I not known exactly who screamed. I grinned happily as I saw 'the chick' on the floor with the chair beneath her broken down while a server was helping her get up as she screamed at him to stay away. I couldn't hold my laugh and laughed as softly as I could at her. Soon enough many others joined me and finally the whole hall was laughing.

"You did this didn't you?" Virat spoke up from behind me with a smile and a little mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I may have paid the people who set up the party to maybe put an already broken chair where she was supposed to sit." I said with a smile and he just pecked me on the lips in reply. I looked at the other girls who had helped me and we give each other an indiscreet thumbs up. As the whole hall was settling down from that laughing session we saw that 'the chick' was finally able to get up with the help of the server but unfortunately for her she gained a little too much momentum and bumped right into another server who had drinks in his hands as the whole tray fell on her and spoiled her dress which even I had to admit was gorgeous. The whole hall erupted into laughed again as she went red in the cheeks and humphed before running out.

"Ok I definitely did not do that. But I should have thought of it." I said to Cheeku in between laughs while he chuckled with me and crircled his arms around my waist and hugged me from the back.

"I love you babe." Cheeku said into me ear as he nuzzled my neck. I shivered at his touch and had to lean into him for support as my knees couldn't hold up my weight anymore.

"I love you too Cheeku." I spoke breathless and I felt him smile against my neck.

"You are looking so gorgeous tonight babe that I don't think I can keep my eyes off you." He said sweetly and I instantly swooned.

"Says the handsome hunk who doesn't even have to try to make girls go weak in their knees." I retorted back.

"Unfortunately for those girls I only care about making one girl lean into me for support much like right now." He said making me red in the cheeks and I tilted my head to kiss him softly on his lips.

(A/N)- Sorry couldn't find a picture of Virat in a sherwani so put in a random picture of him I saw a few days ago with Gayle.