Chapter 14: Lazy Day

I woke up to the alarm ringing on my phone and groaned. I turned towards it and opened one eye to switch it off and go back to sleep when I read "India match" written in place of the alarm in bold. I got up quickly. It was 8:30 and I wanted to keep sleeping. I was extremely lazy during off days and I usually didn't wake up before 11am. The only days when I woke up happily and willingly were for watching Indian team play cricket.

After taking a quick shower and getting dressed in a loose tshirt and trackpants I found myself sitting infront of the television set with chips and coke surrounding me. Virat had won the toss and had chosen to field first.

The next five days passed by in a similar manner. With me holed up in my room till 5pm after which I sometimes when out with Sid or just to walk around. I hadn't talked to Virat in these days mainly because I knew how mentally and physically exhausting a test match can be and I didn't wanna disturb him.

On the fifth day we were 100-2 and were set a target to chase 200 in 90overs of the day. It was pretty easy and the boys chased it down fairly quickly. After the match and presentation was over I called Virat and felt happy as soon as I heard his voice.

"Hey Cheeku! You guys were fantastic. It was such a good match."

"Hey! I know right! I missed you so much though. But tomorrow I'll be landing in Delhi and we can finally meet." Virat replied from his end. I could hear people celebrating on his side and I didn't want to hold him up any longer so I told him to go.

Next day at six o'clock in the evening I was wearing a black sweatshirt with the hood pulled up over my head and shades to not be recognised by the crowd.

I reached the airport and texted the details of my rental car and the place where I had parked it to Virat so we could meet.

He arrived within fifteen minutes and got into the car. Before even greeting him I got us out of the airport parking area and away from prying eyes.

When we were finally on the gurgaon freeway I looked over at Cheeku and smiled at him. He gave me a dazzling smile in return and held my free hand over the car console(thank god for automatic cars). I refused to get lost in his eyes though the offer was tempting but I faced the road not wanting to get us in an accident. He was playing with my fingers and I felt extremely good with his hand in mine. I had planned a surprise for Virat at home.

I got us back in no time and opened the door and walked inside my house.

Once we were inside and I had locked the door I turned towards him and hugged him tight. He hugged me back with equal force before pulling back and crashing his soft lips over mine. One of my hand went into his hair and the other lay on his shoulder for support as his kiss made my knees weak. He hands were on my waist and my skin burnt under his touch even though I had a tshirt and sweatshirt on. I pulled back and rested my head in neck while he rested his on mine. He hugged me closer with one hand encircling my waist and the other playing with my hair.

"Sit. I have something to show you." I steered him towards the sofa and made him sit after I had untangled myself from him.

He looked at me with a quizzical look on his face but I just walked up to my room. I quickly changed into a black dress with had a v-neck and ended mid thigh completing the look with peach high heels. I took his gift and walked downstairs. He was sitting where I had left him and looked up at me when he heard my footsteps. His mouth immidiately formed an o and he got up looking in awe. I felt my heart flutter on his reaction.

"You look gorgeous." He whispered in a hoarse tone. I smiled up at him and he just pulled me in for another breathtaking kiss. I remembered the book in my hands and pushed him back lightly.

"Stop distracting me every second Cheeku." I said in a stern tone though I'm sure he knew I was joking. I forwarded the book to him and he took it and opened it with a curious look on his face. It was a scrapbook filled with pictures of all the records he had broke and all his achievement. Each of his centuries and half centuries along with some of his inspirational quotes. There were even some lines of famous cricketers that they had used for describing Virat. I looked at his face waiting for a reaction as he went through the book and by the end I saw his eyes water a little. He kept the book aside gently and pulled me up and swirled me around while looking into my eyes the whole time.

"I love you so much Elizabeth. You mean so much. You might feel that this is too fast but I know what I'm feeling is true. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I don't ever want to let you go baby." He spoke and finally set me down. After hearing his declaration of love I felt my own eyes water from happiness.

"I love you too Cheeku. And it's not just because of cricket. I love how you are so laidback and funloving in everything you do. But when it comes to your cricket you are very intense and passionate and I understand exactly why. I love that you are so sweet and understanding and you treat everyone like an equal even though you are a huge celebrity. I love how you treat me like a princess and I love how you make me absolutely happy." I spoke with sincerity and I could see his grin getting wider with each word of mine before he finally kissed me with all he had.