Chapter 12: Result

Virat stood on the nonstriker's end breathing hard as he completed a run. We needed two runs off five balls and he had to run otherwise Bhuvi would have got himself out due to his foolishness. He couldn't allow that as that would mean defeat because he was the last wicket. He walked towards Bhuvi and met him halfway on the pitch and spoke a few words before glaring at him and walking back.

Malinga came back to bowl the next ball and as soon as the ball connected with Bhuvi's bat it made a sound so sweet I had to sigh in relief. I knew it was out of the park as soon as I heard that sound and so did everyone else. The ball reached the dressing room as if Bhuvi wanted to prove his skills by throwing it beside our feet. We were all exctatic and ran over to the field and patted Bhuvi and Kohli on the back and hugged them. Caught up in the moment I didn't realise when I had my hands around Kohli's neck with him picking me up and swirling me around before everyone else jumped on top on him bringing us tumbling to the ground with everyone piling on. I couldn't breathe and I immidiately tried pushing everyone off of me.

We all laughed and were feeling really happy that we had won this nail biting match. We walked off the field shaking hands with the other team and everyone congratulated Virat on his century. He even won the Man of the Match award and we were all proud of him. He had almost singlehandedly won us the match scoring 118 runs.

We had a little celebration after and then soon went into our respective rooms as we were all very tired from the match. I closed the door of my room and took out a marker from my bag and wrote debut +V118 on the stump that I had collected after the match as a memorabilia, smiling to myself.

I heard a knock on the door and opened it to reveal Virat clad in a plain white tshirt under an unbuttoned light blue shirt and light blue jeans. I asked him in and he immidiately locked the door after coming in.

"I'm sorry but I can't control myself. You looked so good in the jersey and you are the reason we won today. If you hadn't sticked around letting me play I would have never been able to make those runs. I can't keep hiding my feelings for you anymore Elize. I know why we have to do it but we can hide our relationship right?" He looked at me with so much hope in his eyes that I hugged him tight.

"I would like that too Cheeku." I spoke softly.

He pulled back and looked into my eyes before he looked down at my lips. He looked into my eyes again as if asking for permission and I gave a slight nod. He came closer and pulled me to his chest. I could feel his breath on my lips and he looked at me once again before he kissed me slowly and softly. He circled his hands around my waist and brought me even closer. I could feel his emotions in the kiss and I responded back equally. He broke the kiss too soon for my liking but we were both breathing hard. He looked at me with affection in his eyes and I melted seeing the care he had for me on his face. We hugged each other again refusing to let go.

"So I gotta do this properly." He spoke and pulled back.

"Will you be my girlfriend Elize? Though we will still have to keep it hidden and you deserve to be flaunted to the world but you know why we have to hide it and I'm sorry but please give me a chance." He asked with hope in his eyes and I immidiately squealed yes and jumped in his arms. "I know exactly why Cheeku and I'm sorry that it's because of me that we have to keep it hidden but I promise that as soon as my secret is out we can come out with the relationship too."

After an hour of just talking with each other Virat had to leave. I smiled thinking about how Virat and I were a thing now. I reached to the edge of my tshirt and yanked it up and over my head thinking to change onto something more comfortable. Suddenly the click of the door sounded and I looked back in surprise to see Virat standing there with shock in his eyes. I was standing in my jeans and a bra and that thought registered into my mind a little too late as I scrambled to wear the tshirt again while hiding myself from him the whole while. He shook his head as if removing cobwebs from his brain before a deep red shade coloured his cheeks and he slammed the door shut while screaming a sorry. I was embarrassed and wore my tshirt quickly. I opened the door and asked him to come in. He mumbled an apology again.

"I should have knocked. I'm sorry. I left my phone in the room actually." He told me and finally looked at me.

He picked up his phone off the table beside the door and walked out mumbling a goodnight. I closed the door and leaned on it with a slight smile on my face thinking of how sweet and good he was.

A week later we had won the series 2-1 and I was supposed to fly back home with a couple other players while our test team stayed back to play the one match test series against Sri Lanka. That meant that Virat stayed back while I left for Delhi and we couldn't meet for a week. I wished him bye along with the other members of the team and boarded the airplane to fly back home. This time when I came back I was greeted with full force as I was now officially a part of the winning team and without my seniors around me I found it a bit difficult to digest and handle. But I had to get used to it as they wouldn't always be there to look after me.