Chapter Twenty-Five

One day later...

London, UK.

(Lucy POV)

10AM

I cuddled closer to Ben, I loved him so much.

I smiled as he did too, we were lying in the park. It was a suprisingly sunny day. A lovely day for a couple to be hanging out in the park, all alone and together.

"I love you so much Lucy, I'll never break your heart. You know that right?" Ben said to me.

I nodded and smiled. "I know, I love you too, and I'll never break your heart either." 

Ben sat up and started messing around with something in his pocket. 

I frowned, then smiled. "What are you doing?" I giggled.

Ben laughed. "Just wait a second, turn around and close your eyes." 

I did just that, I turned and smiled, closing my eyes.

All of a sudden, I felt Ben's warm hands touch my skin, it made me shiver, I loved his touch. I felt complete with him.

He tied something around my neck. I opened my eyes and looked down. 

My eyes lit up with delight, it was a beautiful necklace saying "forever." I grinned, then turned back around to Ben.

His little smirk made me feel extra happy, I loved his smile. I kissed him with so much passion, I never wanted to lose this necklace. I'd never remove it from my neck....

"LUCY! LUCY! WAKE UP, YOU'RE LATE TO COLLEGE!" I heard someone shouting, it was a familiar voice.

I frowned, pulling back from Ben's lovely kiss. I turned, nothing was there, it was blackness, I turned back around to face Ben, but he was gone. 

Then I finally opened my eyes.

"Lucy! Come on, get up!" Harry yelled, shaking me.

I shot up, gasping, reaching for the non-existant necklace which Ben had given me.

I frowned, feeling broken. Ben and me had ended yesterday, I'd only just remembered.

"LUCY!" Harry called again.

I blinked hard, then gasped. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I was having a dream about Ben.." I began.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Lucy, you need to be careful thinking about him too much..." 

"Harry. I know.  I love him though, obviously, and I can't control my dreams." I replied. 

Harry smirked. "I know. Now come on, you're an hour late to college." 

I got up straight away. Heading for the shower...

An hour later...

Somewhere in the states. 

11PM

(Ben POV)

"Yeah. Ben's not doing signing tonight, I'm sorry. He's going through a tough time at the moment..." I heard Cameron explain to a few fans as I headed straight onto the bus.

I closed the door and sighed. I walked straight to the bathroom, closing the door and looking at my reflection, bags under my eyes. I felt so alone right now.

I sighed, not wanting to look anymore, I unlocked the door and walked out into the bunk area, pulling my jacket off and throwing it into my suitcase. I undressed into my boxers, as that's what I normally slept in.

"Dude. You coming out for a drink?" Danny asked me.

I shook my head. "Nah mate, not tonight. Not feeling like it really. Thanks anyway." I replied.

Danny nodded, giving a weak smile. "Okay mate, night." He said.

Then he walked off as I jumped into my bunk, closing it. Lying in total darkness.

Wanting to just be in London right now, with the girl who I loved most of all...

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I thought more and more about her, I couldn't remove her beautiful face from my mind at all.

Then I thought about her being heartbroken when seeing that completely false photo. I felt empty inside. Like my heart had totally gone.

I ended up grabbing my phone and logging onto Twitter. 

I knew it was a bad idea, but I checked Lucy's Twitter straight away. 

I read a tweet from 16 seconds ago. It read. "Running late for college as I had dreams about him. #HeartbrokenLucy" 

I sighed. I scrolled down a little more. 

Bursting out into tears as I read the Tweet Lucy had sent to the girl who took the photo, asking why she'd show her. 

I turned it off and went straight onto my contacts, clicking on Lucy's name and ringing her.

Meanwhile...

(Lucy POV)

London, UK.

College.

I was sitting in the middle of a lesson. 

The teacher was explaining different photo angles and how to get good lighting in certain photographs.

When all of a sudden, my mobile started vibrating in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out and looked at the caller ID.

"Ben <3" 

I frowned, feeling slightly more heartbroken.

"Miss Kayfeld. Maybe you'd like to explain to the class instead?" I heard.

I looked up, everyone was looking at me, the teacher had his eyebrows almost raised to the celling.

I declined the call straight away, putting it back into my pocket, blushing and shaking my head. 

"No, I'm sorry everyone for distrubing the class. I was just turning my mobile off." I smiled nervously.

Everyone then went back to normal. I sat there in a daydream though, wondering what sort of excuse Ben would've had for himself if I had answered, and if he'd be ringing back anytime soon.

-------------------------

Author Note:

Hello, sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I've been quite busy over the weekend so I haven't exactly had the time to sit and write another chapter.

That's all for tonight I'm afraid. I should be updating tomorrow evening, or Wednesday, depending on whether I've got a lot of homework to complete.

:) Thanks for the reads! We've got up to 1,000+ 

- Laura Worsnop

ox