Chapter Thirty-Four

The next day...

7AM

(Ben POV)

"Wake up!" I heard someone shouting whilst shaking me.

I opened my eyes, remembering that I was on tour again, I saw my manager standing above me.

"Come on." He said. "We're at the next venue, we need to do an early sound check." 

I groaned and got out of the bunk. I really hated getting up early. 

I walked into the living room part of the bus, to see everyone else sitting there, eating cereal and drinking water to wake themselves up also.

Everyone was either still wearing last night's clothes, or just wearing boxers. 

I looked over to the sofa though, where Lucy was sitting on her laptop. She was wearing a black jumper, dark blue denim jeans, black framed glasses and some white slippers. Her light blue hair was tied back neatly, she had her nose and lip rings in, then she had nice simple eye liner and mascara on. 

She looked up at me and smiled lightly. Last night had been pretty awkward. My feelings took over me and I'd touched her like I would used to. I tried to kiss her also, which was totally wrong of me.

She'd locked herself in the bathroom for a while, then she came out and kissed me on the cheek to say good night.

"Want anything to drink?" Danny asked me from the kitchen area.

I shook my head. "No cheers, I'm good for the moment." 

Danny nodded, then sat down and ate himself.

I sighed and decided to go and get changed, been as I had nothing else to do.

(Lucy POV)

Ben walked out of the room, just as I was updating the first little bit to today's blog post, I wouldn't be publishing it until later tonight, but I just wanted to get it going as the day went on.

I sat up a little and looked over to the others, they were all quiet and giving each other looks, like they were having a mental conversation between one another.

I was going to ask them if I could take a photo of them all eating breakfast, but it didn't seem like they'd respond too well to that at the moment, so I left it alone.

I logged off my blog after saving the first part as a draft, then I logged onto Twitter again, scrolling through some of my interactions and retweeting some peoples tweets to me.

After a while, I felt someone else watching the screen with me.

I looked to my left and saw Ben, now fully dressed. I smiled at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He just nodded, seeming really annoyed with me, probably after last night. I couldn't help it really, I had only just met him again after two years. I couldn't just go straight back into a relationship with him. 

I just continued with my own business, whilst he sat there. 

An hour later...

(Ben POV)

"I'll join you later.." I said to everyone except Lucy as they started to head off the bus and into the venue.

Nobody asked why or what was going on, they just nodded and continued. I think they knew when I wasn't too pleased with something, that it was best to leave me be.

I was still sitting next to Lucy, she was typing away on her blog about how her morning so far had been, and what it was like on early mornings for us all. 

The bus door closed, and now we were all alone again, which was nice really. But I still wasn't talking. I don't think Lucy was going to try and start a conversation again, as I'd blew her off a little earlier.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked her.

She stopped typing and just looked at me. "I'm good, yeah. Just a little lagged still, but other than that, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." She said.

I nodded and smiled. "I hate jet lag, it's horrible." 

She laughed. "Well, it's my first time experiencing it, as I've never been on holiday before, but yeah. It's pretty odd." 

I nodded, feeling a little sad for her. I'd just remembered that she'd always been mainly brought up by her older brother called Harry.

"How's Harry and Lisa doing?" I decided to ask.

Lucy smiled. "They are doing very well thanks. They moved out last year into a small house, they got engadged around the same time as I did really, they're expecting a little girl also. They get married in about a year." 

My heart stopped a little. I was happy to hear of that news, but something caught my attention. Lucy had just said about her being engadged?!

"That's good." I said quietly. 

Lucy nodded and smiled. "Yes. When I got married to Josh. Harry was the happiest person on earth, he walked me down the isle and it was honeslty great." 

My heart broke there and then.

"You're married?" I raised my eyebrow.

Lucy nodded, then shook her head. "I was. I got divorced last year..." 

I nodded. "Ah."

She smiled. "It was for the best really. I'm too young to be tied down like that anyway. I need to meet new people and date new people." 

I grinned. "Yes. It's good dating new people."

Lucy stopped and just looked right into my eyes, she frowned. "Ben, please don't think I dislike you. I'm sorry I rejected you last night. But I guess it was a little too fast in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, you're attractive and I've never stopped liking you. But..." 

"Don't worry about it." I interrupted. "I was too fast, I guess I was overwhelmed by the whole fact that you were back in my life, after two years of missing you so much!" 

Lucy laughed. "Fair enough." 

I smiled at her, then moved closer. She turned her laptop off, moved it to the side, then cuddled me. 

I felt so happy to be holding her close to me again.