Chapter 9

Ace POV.

Waking up has never been tiring as it is today. Maybe the fact that I have to wake up so early and I sleep late has something to do with it. I dragged myself out of bed and went to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and looked at the bags below my eyes. I will surely get questions because of them. I took the toothbrush and started brushing my teeth.  Afterwards I walked to the shower to take a bath. It took me just a few minutes to finish. I wore a black jeans and a white tee-shirt. Even though I am a businessman, I am really not used to wearing suits all the time. I wear them when I have a meeting or there is a party.

I sprayed my outfit then walked out of the room with my phone in my hand. I walked downstairs and heard noises coming from the dining room.

"Where is uncle?" I heard Ivan's voice.

That is my nephew. I did not know that they were coming.

"I don't know. Maybe he is still sleeping," Bob said.

"What! Ace sleeping at this time?" My brother,  Mark asked.

"What time did he sleep?" My sister, Abigail asked.

It seems that everyone is here and I really wonder what brought them here.

"Uum…" Bob started talking but I know that he did not want to tell them the truth because they hate it when we sleep late. I decided to walk in so that I can intervene before they push him into answering their questions.

"Good morning family," I said as I walked in the dining room.

"Uncle Ace," Ivan said as he ran towards me.

I knelt down so that I could be on the same level as him.

"Hello there kiddo," I said.

"I missed you so much uncle," he said as he hugged me tightly. I really love this kid and I can do anything for him.

"I missed you so much too," I said. "So how is school?" I asked him as I carried him towards the table.

"Boring as usual," he said. "I wish I could just stay at home."

No one in our family has ever loved going to school.

"I think I said good morning as I walked in?" I asked the rest while looking at them.

"I think that you were too busy with your nephew to hear our reply," Abigail said.

"Fine. If you all don't want to tell me then none of you should ask a favour from me," I said.

*Morning,"

"Good morning."

"Good morning don."

"Good morning don."

"Come here kiddo," I called Ivan and sat him on my lap.

"You're spoiling that kid so much," my brother said.

"I know. He is my only nephew after all so I will forever spoil him," I said.

"Don, what would you like for breakfast?" Maria, our housekeeper asked.

"I would like some omelette with a glass of orange juice please," I answered her question.

"Alright sir," she said as she went to the kitchen.

"So what brings you here guys?" I asked them.

"We really feel offended. Can't we come to see our brother," Abigail asked, making me roll my eyes.

"Yes, you can. But both of you have made it a behaviour only to come here when you need a favour," I said.

"Whatever," Mark said, making me glare at him.