Chapter 46

Adrianna POV.

I am eight months pregnant. Thee journey has not been easy but at least we are near the end. I can't wait to hold my baby. I am expecting a baby girl. We have not yet decided on the name or even got her stuff. Waking up, I rubbed my belly before getting out of bed. I walked to my bathroom and did my daily routine. After bathing, I walked out of the washroom and went to the closet. I wore a grey sweatpant and a black baggy tee shirt. My breasts have enlarged and I was not comfortable wearing bras.

I took a selfie since I want to have as many pictures during my pregnancy as possible to be showing to the baby and then walked out. When we confirmed that I was pregnant, Ivy took it as her responsibility to be cooking and I am happy. At first, it was difficult for both of us since we are used to having a house help to help us but now we have everything under control. We have employed a woman who comes every weekend to clean the house and the compound.

I found her on the couch using her laptop. One of the advantages of the pregnancy is that she has stopped being on the computers every time. Sometimes I wonder how she doesn't have eye problems. Upon hearing footsteps, she looked up and smiled when she saw me.

"How is my little niece doing?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"How do you think she is doing?" I asked sarcastically.

"Just shush. You know how eager to see her little beautiful face. Like damn all her parents are hot," she said and I chuckled.

"She is doing great but we haven't.even gotten her things or decorated her room," I said.

"Ooh yeah. Wish we had not waited till the last time to do something," she said and I nodded my head.

"Now get ready so that we can go shopping," I said.

"Don't you think that it is risky? What if one of Adrian's men sees you and informs him?" She asked.

"I had not thought of that apparently," I said.

"Of course, you had not," she said and I glared at her.

"We need to leave this country. We have to protect her," she said.

"Protecting her from whom?" I asked.

"What do you think will happen when Elijah finds out that Ace has a child?" She asked.

"He won't know," I shouted and she rolled her eyes.

"Can you think for once? If one of Ace's men sees you pregnant,obviously he will go and tell his boss what he saw. So Ace will locate you and news will spread widely that you are pregnant with Ace's child," she said and I kept quiet.

Yes, I knew the consequences but I did not want to admit that out loud. Hearing it makes my body tremble. I would do anything to protect my daughter. I am The Poison so no one will ever take my daughter away from me or kidnap her!

I sighed and walked to where Ivy was seated. I took her laptop and started suching for new born baby girl's clothes. As much as I wanted to ask Linda to bring them cause her shop has clothes for all genders and age, I couldn't. She might go out there spreading that I am pregnant and that is the least of the things I want right now.

There were so many beautiful clothes and I couldn't wait to dress her in them. Honestly, I loved each and every outfit. I heard Ivy chuckling and I looked at her with a confused look.

"You want all of those clothes, right?" She asked and I averted my eyes.

"They are so beautiful. I want to see her in all of them. We can buy it all right?" I asked her and I could tell that she was smiling like a lunatic.

"I am sure you will see those clothes in different colors and want to buy even in different colors for all the designs," she said and I grinned cause it was the truth. I want my baby to love blue since pink is so girlish. Yes, she is a girl but I don't want her to like pink like most girl children do. I want her to be unique.

"Which color do you think she will love the most?" I asked her.

"I know you hate pink so I am sure you will do everything possible so that she doesn't like that color," she said with a grin.

"True," I said.

"I am sure you will propose blue but don't forget that there are so many more beautiful colors out there than just blue," she said.

"Example?" I asked.

"Purple," she said.

"Out," I said immediately, making her chuckle.

"Green?" She asked and I shook my head.

We argued a lot about different colors but I could see at the end of it that I was going to stick with the blue color I had in mind.

"What about lilacs?" She asked and I gave her a confused look. No, in fact, a 'are you serious' look.

"Hell, no way. That color is just a faded pink," I said and she laughed.

"Then let us go with the blue color you want," she said and immediately she said that, I had a kick which made me jump.

"Did she just kick? Again?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Guess she also wants the blue color just like mommy," she said and I felt another kick.

She came where I was and placed her hand.

"What about if we paint your room dark blue, the curtains to be golden and white furniture?" She asked her.

"She is just a kid and you want her to have white furniture?" I asked.

"What about this, we paint the walls with sky blue color and add some stars and moons with a golden color?" She asked and the baby immediately kicked. At first, Ivy was shocked then started jumping up and down.

"She just agreed with me," she said happily and I smiled.

"Yes she did," I said.

"So madam designer or should I say architecture, what about the door color and the furniture?" I asked sarcastically and she glared at me.

"The furniture we can mix the colors with. Golden stools and table two turquoise couches and a lilac sofa. Wardrobes should be sky blue while nightstand dark blue" she said and the baby kicked once again. I smiled at her. "Did she agree?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"The doors should be white," she said and we all agreed with her.

"At least now we know which colors we should pick when painting," I said.

"What color should her crib and bed be?" She asked.

"I think the side which the bed will be on, the upper side, we should paint blue with some white in it so that it can be a mixture. It will symbolize the sky with some clouds I guess," I said and the baby kicked.

"So, only one side with sky blue and white while the other side with sky blue with some golden stars and moon?" She asked and I nodded.

"Then?"she asked.

"The big pillows will be golden, the medium white while the smallest sky blue while the bed sheets and duvets will be golden, blue, white respectively," I said.

"I love that," she said.

After agreeing on the colors, we ordered more colors on those colors than the other colors. I really can't wait to see how it will be.

1287 words.
04/09/2023.