Chapter 19

Adrianna POV.

Immediately I arrived home, I walked into my bathroom so that I could get the blood out of my body. I was so hungry and tired at the same time. I was not planning on staying long in the bathtub. Maybe I will find myself there again after I eat. After showering, I put on my pyjamas and walked out of my room. I don't know whether Ivy is asleep or not but if she was hungry, I'm sure will be in the kitchen. I walked downstairs and saw the lights were off, I switched them and looked around and she was nowhere to be seen. Today was quite a tiring day, we expected that the party wouldn't be fun and without drama but how wrong we were. At least I got to kill. Walking towards the kitchen, I opened the fridge and I was happy when I saw some food. It was so thoughtful of Maria to make sure that we had food. Maybe she knew that we may come home late and hungry. I decided to warm it so that it can be edible. I hate cold meals.

I had footsteps as I was eating. Lucky her that I had warmed more food than I intended on eating.

"You are also hungry?" She asked, making me roll my eyes at her stupidity.

"I am not God or angels so that I cannot eat," I said and she glared at me.

"Did you cook?" She asked as she walked into the kitchen counter.

"No, Maria left some food in the fridge. It is the one I have just warmed," I said.

"She is such a caring person," she said.

"I know," I said.

"Did you give her the cash," she asked.

"Yes, I did. I promised her and there was no reason not to give her. Furthermore, we have more money. Giving out a few million dollars won't make us bankrupt," I said.

"I know," she said as she sat opposite me with a plate full of food. I wondered whether she would finish that but I cannot ask her cause she is not a sweet person when she is angry and I know that she is still not over what happened tonight.

I did not want to ask her any questions or tell her to do something. If I told her to search and find whether sister had died, she wouldn't sleep and I wanted her to have enough sleep tonight. Tomorrow is also a day and I could ask her.

We talked about random stuff but not even anything about what happened tonight but honestly I wanted to tease her.

"James, huh?" I asked with a smirk.

"Don't. He already has a wife. That is bad enough," she said.

"So you admit you want him?" I asked.

"Yes, I want to ride on his cock. Actually I touched it," what she said made me choke.

"What! When?" I asked.

"When people were dancing the first round, people were exhausting partners and I found myself with him. As we were dancing he kissed my neck but no one was looking at us and that is when I touched it so that I could feel it. I will fuck him once to get him.out of my system," she said.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" I asked with amusement.

"I gave him my number and he claimed he wanted to meet me before he leaves the country," she said.

"So when will both of you meet?" I asked.

"Honestly, I don't know but it should be soon. So that I might get over it," she said and I nodded my head. Then immediately I remembered something.

"What about Mark?" I asked.

"He is handsome and I would like to fuck him for sure," she said.

"Just fucking?" I teased because I knew there was more.

"Aaargh. I really hate you. You know. Anyways, I want more than sex. I have been crushing on him for years," she said.

"Admiring his pictures and imagining him with you?" I asked with a grin.

"Trust me when I say even much worse," she said and we laughed.

"I hope you manage to get him," I said.

"Right now, I will have to keep admiring his pictures. I can't risk them finding out who we are or why we live," she said and I understood her.

"Don't worry. If his brother will be able to track me down, you will be lucky," I said.

"I know that girl," she said.

I looked at her face and I knew that she wished he would find me soon. Today's event played on my head and I smiled. I really enjoyed myself with him. He is not the enemy. His father was actually one of the people who trusted me with their dirty work when I became an assassin. It was because of him I was here. News spreading about an assassin called The Poison working for the Italian Mafia had spread fast, making me earn more jobs. That is how I became famous. As years passed, I became the most feared and dangerous assassin. I am grateful because of him. I will always have their back no matter what.

"What are you thinking?" Ivy asked.

"Nothing," I said and she raised an eyebrow.

When she realised that I wasn't going to tell her, she let out a sigh.

"Do you know that the three mafias think that we are part of a certain mafia or gang?" She asked.

"Yes, I do. It's better that way than them knowing our true identity in the underworld," I said and she nodded her head.

"This meal is so delicious," she said and I smiled.

"Tomorrow Maria will be taking her daughter for chemotherapy," I said.

"I know that she will be fine. I am sure she is just as strong as her mother," she said.

"Yeah. I guess you are right. Maybe we will stop over at the hospital and support her," I said.

"That actually I treat ideas. I also hope that she will reduce the work she does. At least she would work for two houses instead of five," she said.

"I talked to her about that and she said that if the chemotherapy will be successful, she will stop," I said.

"I can't imagine the pain which her daughter is going through. People say that having cancer is so painful," she said and I raised my eyebrows to her.

"How do you know what people say when you are always locked into either your room or office?" I asked.

"What! Don't give me that look. Internet of course," she said with a smile and a proud look making me shake my head at her stupidity.

"Okay. Big boss," I said and continued eating.

We continued talking while eating until we finished. I took the plates to the kitchen sink and Ivy was trailing behind me.

"I warmed the food so you are the one who is going to clean the dishes," I said and immediately left the room to prevent further discussion. If I continued staying there, I would have found myself cleaning them for her and I did not want to.

I walked into my room and took out my laptop. How come the orphanages were attacked and we didn't know? Who is responsible for doing this! I searched different orphanages around and in the city and found they were all ambushed. It pained me to see that. After doing my calculations, I found that after all the damages which were made in the twenty children's homes, there were only two hundred and fifty children who survived and they were now left homeless. I can also hack. Both Ivy and I were taught the same thing. It is just that I love being in the field more than in closed doors. I hacked into the hospitals and searched whether I could find if Sister Anne was still alive or not. I know I have a lot ahead of me. I felt like it was my responsibility to provide shelter for the kids.

1362 words.
16.05.2023.