Chapter 14

Ace POV.

My brother-in-law arrived some few days ago. He owns his company and different restaurants but not as many as I do. My parents came back from their trip yesterday since they were also supposed to go to the ball. Today is the ball's day.

The charity foundation was founded by Mary Scott. She died when I was little but I knew her. She was one of the women in the mafia who cared deeply about family and the innocent but she loved children more. She sent a children's home and every year, there was a ball to donate for it. She claimed that since we are monsters, we can also be at least kind and one of the ways is to show love and care to the little kids with no family. I am aware that most of the mafia leaders will be present and some will also try talking to me. As much as I would love to decline the talks, some of the leaders always have great ideas. I am actually looking forward to hearing some and making new allies.

The time has already flown and I need to start getting ready before my mother pulls out my ear because of being late. She always claims that a woman is the one who is supposed to be late since she has a lot to do so that she can be beautiful. I agree with her though but I am always late because I get out of the office late. I decided to arrange all the paperwork on my desk and make sure that the confidential information is locked up in the safe.

I walked out of the office and walked into my room. A cream suit which was on the bed caught my eye. I knew that this was my mother's work. When she is around, she always makes sure that she has chosen everyone's outfit. I don't blame her though. Her being idle makes her treat us like babies even when we are already grown ups. They claim that family makes one weak but to me, my family makes me strong. I really don't know what I can do without any of them. I can do anything for them even if it means by dying.

There was no need to make sure that it would fit me cause she knows my size. I walked into the bathroom to get ready. I wore black shoes to match the outfit I had worn. After taking my phone, I walked out of the room and walked downstairs.

"It is indeed a miracle that today you are on time," Abigail said and I rolled my eyes.

We were all going but Ivan was staying over with Maria. She is the only person we trust with him.

"Come on, let him be," dad said and I gave him a thankful smile.

"Don't give me that. I am not doing you any favour by telling her that. It is because we are getting late and we need to leave now," he said, making all of them chuckle.

"Apparently, The Scott's have sent cars to take us there," Paul said as he walked in the house.

"What do you mean?" Mom asked.

"Yes, they claim that we are supposed to go in their car and not ours," Bob said.

"Why? This has never happened before," dad said and we nodded our heads in agreement.

"Something doesn't feel right," Abigail said.

"Come on. You guys can go with them but I will follow with my car. Paul informs some of our men to be alert and around Scott's mansion in case something happens. And if anything happens, Bib, you will bring mom and Abigail here immediately using my car," I said and they nodded their heads agreeing with my idea.

"Come on. Let's do this," mom said as she and dad started walking towards the door.

I was the last to leave the house. Honestly, I think we did great by not taking Ivan with us. Yes, even kids were invited but I did not want him to come across the men in there. After what the Scott's have done, that was definitely the best choice.

"Good evening," one of their men said and we looked at him. I think that he is the one who is in charge of them.

"I will be driving my own car," I said.