Chapter 45

Adrianna POV.

It has been two months since I left that house. They are still searching for me but obviously with no success. It has been peaceful. We still haven't found the reason as to why Ace wanted us to date. I have been in and out of missions more than usual. Ivy is about to graduate from her online lessons and she is planning to start her own company. We will have to move out of this country for that since that may blow up our hiding so we have agreed when the time comes, we will leave Max in charge of Victor's business but he would still be reporting to us. I have also been talking to Ivan twice a week. He has now moved on with the fact that that is the only way of us communicating. Everything there is okay and their mafia is running smoothly.

I am currently walking downstairs since it is the morning and I am so hungry. I heard noises coming from the kitchen and I smiled. Its cooking skills have improved rapidly and I am proud.

"I am hungry," I shouted loud enough for her to hear me even though I was on the stairs.

I know for a fact she said something but due to my distance, I didn't hear her. I hurriedly walked down then towards that direction.

What is that smell?

"What are you preparing?" I asked.

"Sausages," she answered.

I felt nauseous and I was hit by the urge of vomiting so I ran to the nearby washroom. After I was done, I cleaned my mouth and was about to get out when Ivy showed up.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You have been vomiting lately and eating like a pig,"she said and I glared at her.

Did she call me a pig?

"Am I a pig?" I asked and she sighed.

"I didn't mean that you are a pig. I said you are eating like a pig meaning you are eating so much," she said.

"I can't see any problem with that. I got the money so I can spend as much as I want," I said annoyedly. I glared at her and she returned the glare.

"When was your last time you received your periods?" She asked.

"Last mo…. Why?" I asked, being suspicious.

"Just answer the damn question," she said.

"Honestly, I don't know. Maybe two months ago,"I said.

"And you don't think that you are pregnant?" She asked.

"Pregnant?" I asked shockingly.

"Yes, pregnant. Your appetite has increased, you are vomiting, feeling nauseous when you smell some meals and lastly the last time you had your periods was two months ago hence more reason to conclude that you are pregnant," she said.

I stood still. I was shocked. How can I be pregnant? Shit!! He didn't use protection. How could I be so careless? Am I really ready to have a baby? I honestly don't know what to do. Looking at Ivy, I knew she knew that I was afraid.

"Come on, don't worry. Go and change while I prepare you some burritos," she said.

"Pancakes," I said immediately and she smiled.

"Cravings," she said and I looked down. "Just go and change while I prepare that for you then after you eat we can go and visit a doctor," she said.

I walked away from her without responding. I walked to my room. I looked out through the window and saw that it was really sunny so there was no way I was going to wear something covering my body. I chose a black ragged booty short and a pink knitted worsted vest.

I know for a fact that Ivy is right and I am pregnant. Even though I am afraid of this journey, there is no way I am going to abort. I will give my baby the love and care that my parents failed to give me. Yes, I will be the only parent but I will give her love for both parents. So I have to be careful with the shoes I wear. I love wearing heels but now I will have to get used to wearing flat shoes. I picked white flat boots. I didn't see the need to carry a bandage so I just picked my phone and car keys after applying makeup and walked out.

When I got to the kitchen, I found no one but I saw the pancakes on the kitchen counter. Guess they are hot if they are not in the oven. I got myself a glass of mango juice then sat at the kitchen counter and started eating. I poured syrup on the pancakes before eating it. After a while, I heard a chuckle and I turned to meet Ivy looking at me. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"You have always hated adding syrup to a pancake. What happened?" She asked, filled with amusement.

"I dunno," I said with a pancake in my mouth.

"I am already enjoying this journey," she said as she came near me.

"Let me finish this then we leave,"I said, trying to avoid the topic she was starting.

I looked at her outfit and saw that she was in a blue ragged booty short and a blue feather sexy off shoulder crop top and black boots. She chuckled and I knew that she was also looking at my outfit. I went back to my eating and I was done in due time. I was half full but there was no way I was going to tell Ivy that because she will start with me again and I am not in the mood.

"You are driving, '' I said as I threw her my car keys.

"That, I know but there is no way I am going to drive your car," she said and I rolled my eyes.

She threw the keys back at me but I didn't serve them. Instead, I let them fall on the kitchen counter. I walked out with my phone in my hands.

"Aren't you going to pick up the keys?" She asked.

"Why? I am not the one who is driving and after all, this is our house so I can leave them anywhere and I will still find them," I said.

I walked past her and towards the front door. When I arrived, I took a deep breath. The air was fresh and I was proud of myself for choosing this house. At least it was away from the city and it was quiet and full of fresh air. The environment was quite suitable for taking care of a child. There was green grass and flowers everywhere. Honestly, I can't tell you how we have managed to keep it still beautiful just like we met it. I stayed at the spot for some minute till I heard a car honk.

When did she get the car?
When you were absent minded idiot. My subconscious said and I rolled my eyes.

I walked to the car and got it. After making sure that I had tired the seating belts, she drove off. I was looking outside. Yes, it is my house, compound but I have spent even a minute to look at it beautiful since the day we moved in. I mostly go out at night and come back early in the morning.

"Which hospital are we going to?" I heard Ivy asking and I looked at her.

"What's her name again?" I asked.

"Who?" She asked.

"The doctor who always treated us when we got sick when we were small. The one who was hired by Victor," I said.

"Leone?" She asked.

"Damn, that's the name. We should go to her. We can't risk people knowing or seeing us. So we should go to.a person who knows us and can keep our secret," I said and she nodded her head.

1329 words.
07/08/2023.