Chapter 12:

Adrianna POV.

The ball will be starting at 8 in the evening. This does not give us any reasons to justify our laziness but we have to use it. Both Ivy and I have not left the bed. I called our housekeeper early today so that she can come and make food for us as she cleans the house. I don't know what Ivy is doing in her room since I haven't left mine but hope is something productive. She is never into either movies or novels. I have been staring at the tv for three hours now. I feel like I'm just a lazy being.
After two hours, my stomach groaned and I knew that I needed to get up and get food. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday at the restaurant. The reason why I didn't eat? I was not hungry! Yeah, that's the best answer I can come up with right now.

I pulled my shit together and managed to get from the bed. I first walked to the washroom and I looked at myself in the mirror. I was just a mess, the hair was everywhere on my face and my eyes made me look like a zombie. I decided to brush my teeth so that I can have at least one of my body parts clean. After the chore, I pulled my hair into a bun and later walked out the washroom. I took my phone which was lying on the bed and left my room. Everything in the hallway seemed better than yesterday. I guess Maria has already finished her cleaning. Sometimes I wonder how they can manage to do so much work but I know for sure that if Victor had taken us from the streets, we would have been used to this kind of lifestyle. Maybe I would have been a housemaid in one of the mansions trying to work hard so as to save some cash for my future. Maybe I can get Maria to tell me her story. I am sure that there is a reason why she does cleaning in mansions and the rich houses. Yes, she doesn't work only for me. When Ivy checked her information before we hired her, she realised that she was working for four rich families at that time. We thought that maybe she had an emergency so we decided to help her out by hiring her. That made it into five houses. I feel bad that I didn't ask her why she was working in all of those houses.

Wow, so the assassin does feel guilty for something petty! My subconscious said while laughing at me. I know that it is strange that I am feeling guilty but truly I am. Walking downstairs, I heard noises coming from the kitchen and decided that I should go towards that direction.

The kitchen was the reason as to why you left your room in the first place, idiot!
I really need to learn how to block my subconscious. I am already tired of it opposing me instead of standing by me and it belongs to me!

I walked in and I bet Maria was cleaning the kitchen.

"It is not in the morning, so hello Maria," I said. Right, I definitely suck at starting conversations.

"Hae, Adrianna. How have you been?" She asked.

"Good," I said.

"That's nice. So what would you like to eat because I am sure that your stomach is the reason as to why you have left your room," she said with a smile on her face.

"That's the truth. Honestly, I don't know. Just prepare anything for me," I said.

"Okay then. Why don't you go and wait in your room or in the living room. I will call you when it is ready," she said and I shook my head in protest.

"Is it that you can't work in somebody's presence or?" I asked with amusement. She hurriedly shook her head, making me want to laugh at her.

"No, I can. It is just that I thought you would get bored doing so," she said.

"Ooh. Well thank you but I will just sit at the kitchen island and watch you do your magic," I said.

"Alright," she said with a smile.

I watched her as she took out all the ingredients she was going to use. Watching her is kinda boring.

"Why do you work in five houses?" I asked and I saw her tremble at that question.