Chapter 23.

Adrianna POV.

I have been so busy since I killed Victor. Ivy has gotten over the pain she had gone through. I really blamed myself for not figuring it out. We have been trying to track down Elijah but he has gotten very good at hiding. I haven't been given any job to assassinate him but the fact that he is holding women hostage makes me want to kill him. I am an assassin therefore I have done some jobs for him but I have never killed the innocent. Before I kill someone, I always do a background check on them. Lily and Ivy have gotten pretty close but Ivy knows that she can't include her into our lifestyle. We employed her as our housekeep so that Maria can at least get some rest. They have been helping each other since she got well. While Lilly works in our house, Maria works in her other employer's house.

I found out that Lily got cancer when she completed her senior highschool. Right now, she is working extra hard so that she can save money to join a college. Even though Ivy doesn't show it, I know she is jealous of her and wants to be like her. To have a normal life, perfect and loving family, friends and even go to school. Maybe she can do some highschool online classes.

I have been working on how to make makeup products and even started taking classes. I want to open my own Beauty Company. Now that Victor is gone, we can do anything we want. Apparently, he left all his money for both of us. He was a billionaire which made us become richer. Ace has been trying to track me down. I just wonder when that guy would lose hope on finding where I live. Maybe I will pay him a visit soon.

I got out of my office and walked to Ivy's office. I heard some voices coming from the room. I recognized them as hers and Lilly's. Yes, I like the girl but she seems to be so idle since most of the times she spends it at Ivy's office.

"I just can't wait to go to college. I will work so hard there so that I get a perfect job and become rich," she said.

"It is a good plan," Ivy answered.

"Of course it is. I always have good plans," she said.

There we go again with her praising herself.

"After that, I will stop working as a maid," she said and there was silence. I wondered why Ivy was silent.

"You talk as if we treat you as a maid here," Ivy said.

"Yes, you do. I am the only one who cooks, washing dishes, doing the laundry and even cleaning the house," she said and I heard Ivy sigh.

"You are unbelievable, you know that!" Ivy snapped.

"What? What have I done?" She asked.

"You complain about work and you don't wake up early in the morning to prepare us breakfast. You only cook lunch and furthermore, you only work once a week and you are complaining?" Ivy asked her.

"One gets tired Ivy. You have never done such work. You have been brought up in luxury where maids are there for you even now when you are a grown up, you and your sister have one," she said.

"And you think staying here is not tiresome?" Ivy asked her.

"Of course, you are just sitting there looking at the computer," she said.

"You are unbelievable and so ungrateful. You better not let Adrianna hear you cause she would fire you," Ivy said angrily.

"What! Why would she give me? U have done nothing wrong!" She said,

Does this girl get that Ivy doesn't want to talk to her? I had eavesdropped enough and it was time to walk in.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked when I entered.