Chapter 28

Ace POV.

"Chip."

"Chip."

"Chip."

"Chip," she said while looking at the window which was high enough so she couldn't reach for it. I followed her gaze and saw there was a little bird. As if it knew age was trying to communicate with her, it  flew to her and landed on her shoulder. I shook my head while I saw what I was looking in front of me.

"Good my friend. At least I won't be lonely again with you beside me," she said as It landed on my shoulder. "Too bad, I suck at naming things but you are my little birdie," she said and I internally chuckled.

Deciding to pay attention to what has brought me here in the first place, I stabbed her upper part of the thigh but she did not winder in pain or even look at me.

"Adrianna, I am asking you a question!" I whispered-yelled but still I received silence as the answer.

Maybe if I took the little bird from her, she would pay attention to me and give me the answers I want. I walked close to her so that I could take it away, but the bird decided to betray me by moving closer to her neck. This made her look up at me.

"Don't you dare," she warned me but I didn't care.

"I will. If you don't want me to take it then you better answer my questions and stop ignoring them," I said angrily.

"Honestly, I have not been paying attention to either your tortures or questions. Too bad I am occupied even when seated at this chair tied up," she told me with a smile.

"You are lying," I said.

"Do you think I am a fool? I told you no matter how much you torture me, you won't get answers. I am already used to this pain so don't think that your little tactics will succeed,"she said. "If you may excuse me, I would like to enjoy my peace when I am here."

"You are in my territory so you won't tell me what to do," I snapped.

"I know. But I am telling you. Get the hell out of here,"she snapped at me.

I looked at her trying to see through her and see her emotions but I was unable to. She is quite good at hiding her feelings and emotions. I looked at her one last time before leaving the room.

I walked back to my office because I did not want to be asked so many questions. I continued to carry out my work until Abigail came to call me out for dinner. I attended to my papers and walked out towards the dining room. I saw Ivan seated on my seat but I was not in the mood to entertain a kid so I walked to the empty seat at the car end. They all looked at me with a questioning look but I ignored them and served myself.

"Bob, can you please take some food for her," I broke the silence. He nodded his head and put some food on a plate then walked out of the room.

"Special prisoner I see," Abigail teased and I glared at her. That was enough to tell her that I was not in the mood.

We ate our food in silence and I felt someone looking at me. I raised my head and saw Ivan looking at me trying to figure out what was going on. I have never refused to stay with him so I know that he is shocked but also afraid to ask me. He knows how I can be when I am mad so he won't make a mistake which would make him feel bad. After some time, Mark walked in with the same plate he carried. The food was not touched so I raised an eyebrow to him.

"What happened?" Mom asked.

"Why is the good not touched?" Dad asked.

"She refused to eat," he said and I rolled my eyes. I should have expected this. Why am I soft to this girl in the first place?

"Why?" I asked.

"She claims that the food is poisoned. I have tried to tell her otherwise but she is so stubborn. She even shouted at me telling me to get and take the food with me," he said and I sighed.

I stood up, took the plate full of food and left.

"What is this stupidity I am hearing about?" I asked her when I entered the cell.

"I am sorry but I am not aware of what you are saying," she said playing dumb.

"Cut the crap and answer my question!" I shouted at her since I was already tired of her behaviour.

"Don't you ever shout at me again," she snapped at me.

I looked at her wondering what to do with her. I decided it was better for me to stay calm before I do something which I might end up regretting.

"Why didn't you eat the food I sent for you?" I asked softly.

"How would I have known that you are the one who has sent him to bring me food?" She asked.

"You should eat," I said, ignoring her question.

"I won't," she said stubbornly.

"Why?"

"So that I can die? No thank you," she said. I was confused at first then I remembered what Bob had said.

"The food is not poisoned,". I said, trying to assure her.

"I really don't trust you so you have to leave me alone," she said.
We remained silent for a while. Did it hurt that she doesn't trust me? Yes, it did and I don't know why. I threw the plate against the wall causing the food to be scattered on the floor and the plate to break. She looked at me and for the first time, I saw fear in her eyes. Having gotten tired of her. I left the room, banging the door behind me.

1005 words.
10/06/2023.