Chapter 37

Adrianna POV.

I walked into my room and went directly to the bathroom. I really stink with that bastard's blood all over my clothes. I got rid of them and walked into the shower, letting the water run and washing away the red stain. I won't deny the fact that I was worried I might end up losing the little guy. I have always hated kids but due to the orphanage,I had to love them. Ivan is not like any of them. He is mischief, clever for kids of his age, I am never bored or low when I am with him and I will always do everything in my power to protect him. Whether I am on good terms with the Italian Mafia or not. It is a miracle that they have not yet discovered who I am. With all the late sneaking and coming early, Ace has never asked me. I just wish we can just end our little conflict. It has been long since I fucked and I really need him. Honestly, I don't know when I haven't fucked with any man since I got into this building. Maybe it is the fact I want him so bad but we are both blinded by hate towards each other. If he didn't kidnap me on that day….no kidnapping is fine. If only he didn't torture me, then everything would be fine. I really hate that when I think about him, I get so wet but I have to control my lust and my body. I can't let them win, can I?

I wore pink pyjamas and walked to my bed. It is five in the morning but who really cares whether I sleep the whole day or not? Furthermore, I have been up since midnight. I got under my duvets and brought my teddy bear close to me. It is very special to me. I remember when we were young, I wanted one on my birthday but we didn't have money and Ivy wanted to get me one, so she got into the mall and stole the largest teddy bear which was there. Was she got? She ran and hid herself but afterwards, the manager caught her. He was about to take her to the police station but she pleaded with him not to, telling him that she was homeless and it was her sister's birthday and she wanted a teddy bear so that was the reason she did that. At first, he didn't believe her but when he brought him where we used to sleep, he let her be.

Sniffing it, I closed my eyes welcoming darkness.

(The next day.)

The sun poured through my window letting the rays of the sunlight lit up my room. The dawn chorus of melodic bird sing drifted in, bringing new hopes and aspirations. I walked out of the bed towards the bathroom to do my daily routine. I brushed my teeth before having a shower. I was so lazy, therefore, after that, I picked the nearest clothes which were in the closet and which would not take time wearing them. I wore a black leggings and a white baggy tee-shirt. I wore my fluffy shoes and got out of the room with my phone in my hand.

I was used to finding everyone in the dining room taking their breakfast but today, I found no one. It was either that they were still asleep or that I overslept. Deciding to mind my own business, I walked to the kitchen, took out strawberry yogurt from the fridge and walked to the living room. It was so quiet and I hated it. That is why I don't live in mansions in the first place. I looked out through the window and saw there were so many men. I guess replacements and also people to clean the compound since it was filled with red paintings and dead bodies all over. I have to find the mole before they decide to attack us again.

I literally tried to get rid of the boredom but it was impossible. I saw a guard walking by and I called him even though I didn't know his name.

"Where are the others?" I asked coldly.

"Ma'am, Ma'am Abigail and sir Mike took Ivan to the hospital to be checked. Don is in his office together with Paul and Bob. I don't know where the rest are," he answered while.looking down. I get it, but do I really bite?

You are a cannibal. My subconscious knocked me, making me chuckle.

I saw the guard looking at me wondering why it was amusing.

"Just get lost," I said arrogantly.

"Okay ma'am," he said and quickly went away.

After some time, I felt a presence behind me and I turned around.

"Ma'am, sir is asking for you in his office," one of the men said.

"Do you know why?" I asked.

"No ma'am," he answered.

"You can leave," I told him.

"But ma'am, sir said that he needs you in his office immediately," he insisted and I was really losing my patience.

"If you don't leave this very money, I will kill you," I said harshly, making him flinch in fear.

"But…." I glared at him and that was enough for him to shut up.

"Okay ma'am," he said and left.

What was so urgent that Ace wanted me in his office immediately? As much as I don't want to go, I am so curious therefore, I stood up and found myself walking towards his office. After knocking, the door was opened by Bob. He smiled at me but in return I glared at him, making him flinch.

"You can come in," he said and I walked past him.

"Both of you leave," Ace told them and they nodded their heads before leaving.

"What do you want, Vincenzo? Okay, let me rephrase it, what is the emergency?" I asked uninterestedly.

He got from his chair and walked towards me.

"You," he said and I was completely confused.

"What did you mean when you say 'me'?" I asked.

"I wanted to see you," he said and I scoffed.

"Don't tell me that I am here because of that rubbish," I said while retreating towards the door.

"I am sorry," he said and that was enough for me to halt. Turning around, I faced him.

"For what?" I asked, clearly amused. It is not always you see the Italian don apologising, is it?

"For everything, for being rude to you since you started living with us. For torturing you back in the basement," he said clearly ashamed.

I stepped forward and took his face in my hand so that he could look at me.

"You don't have to apologise," I said softly.

What is happening to me? He is not wrong! I didn't deserve the way he was treating me!

"Yes, I have to. I was torturing you cause I was mad at myself. I was afraid of discovering that the woman I want so badly can be working with the enemy," he said while looking into my eyes.

Did he just?
Does he like me like I like him?
Is he crazy about me like I am about him?

I had so many questions.

"Then why have you always talked rude to me after that?" I asked slightly, afraid to hear the answer.

"Cause I didn't want to admit to myself that I am attracted to you. I thought that by being rude to you and disappearing myself from you, I would stop craving for your touch, wanting to kiss you, to see you naked in front of me, you under me and mourning my name out loud," he said and I was shocked at the revelation.

"What has changed?" I asked.

"After yesterday, I am afraid of losing you. Despite how we treated you, you still went ahead and saved Ivan. That is when I realised that I need to stop this madness and just accept the fact that I want you, I want to feel you to taste you," he said.

Does he know that he is making me more wet than I am?

"It is okay. I forgive you even though it was not only your fault," I said.

"Yes, it was. If only I had treated you in the right way then you wouldn't have been cold towards me," he said.

That's true. His arrogance and him being rude to me has always hurt me.

"As I said I have forgiven you, let us out the past behind us, okay?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

He brought his face close to mine and my heart started racing. I really want him to kiss me. I want to feel his lips. As if he heard me, he closed the gap between us and connected his lips with mine. They were softer than I imagined them to be. Honestly, him kissing me only makes it hard for me cause I want him. I want more than a kiss.

1514 words.
26/06/2023.